+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Pars

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Semple's level of fitness is just awful. The guy can play as we know but currently he is behind Brownlie and Kilday from my point of view.
    A lot of hard work needed on the training field for us to see him back to his best.
    i remember a rammy on here about semple about whether he was fat or not. one guy getting angry and denying it.
    Last edited by sunshineonleith2; 10-08-2019 at 06:39 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Semple's level of fitness is just awful. The guy can play as we know but currently he is behind Brownlie and Kilday from my point of view.
    A lot of hard work needed on the training field for us to see him back to his best.
    Amazed that Magic cannot see the lad is unfit and overweight and also Kilday is no midfielder but at least he changed it around for the second half which was a vast improvement on that absolutely dreadful first 45 minutes.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Amazed that Magic cannot see the lad is unfit and overweight and also Kilday is no midfielder but at least he changed it around for the second half which was a vast improvement on that absolutely dreadful first 45 minutes.
    to be fair to those involved Semple picking up that rib injury pre-season can only have held back any efforts to up his fitness quickly. We can only hope that things improve going forward as he can be a real asset for us.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    to be fair to those involved Semple picking up that rib injury pre-season can only have held back any efforts to up his fitness quickly. We can only hope that things improve going forward as he can be a real asset for us.
    No one will disagree with your sentiments but the lad needs to be fit before he should be included in the team.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    We will have to hope we have a relatively injury and suspension light season as I didnt see too much that could come on and make a difference As said earlier, we the fanatics get frustrated at the lack of signings but this public are a queer bunch and I mean their lack of regular Palmerston attendance rather than comparison to Freddie Mercury types.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-08-2019 at 08:46 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,401
    A fortnight before our next match at Ayr may help Semple.

  7. #27
    Semple was good at Arbroath last week and done nothing wrong today apart from the ref giving him a yellow card for nowt. For me the change bringing Kidd into midfield in place of CB Kilday made a big difference. The team is starting to gel as seen in 2nd half performance add Dobbie and another midfielder to the stating 11 and we will be a pretty good outfit. Oliver was Man of the match without doubt, Murray needs to play on the right and offer more couldn't Believe he was sponsor mom..... Looking forward to Ayr game with Dobbie back and hopefully another midfielder signed..... And NO Seagulls today!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    Why was there hardly any seagulls today ? Did they read the standard and realise that Palmerston was not worth it the following day as people were warned not to feed them ?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    https://youtu.be/iw-UE_P2Fw8 Young Pars fan take on to todays game.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    464
    Frustrating part of today's game, first half anyway, was punting high balls up to Oliver, El Bak and Murray. Easy meat for the Dunfermline defence to mop up. Second half we tried to get it on the deck more which gave us more openings but some of our players lack of basic ball control is also frustrating. By the time they control it with their second or third touch they're under pressure.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Frustrating part of today's game, first half anyway, was punting high balls up to Oliver, El Bak and Murray. Easy meat for the Dunfermline defence to mop up. Second half we tried to get it on the deck more which gave us more openings but some of our players lack of basic ball control is also frustrating. By the time they control it with their second or third touch they're under pressure.
    Yes Chippy the high balls punted up to our wee forwards was summed up perfectly by '' Tam '' on the P and B site who asked '' in the first half was that the smallest Queens forward line since Lex Law played ''

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    No one will disagree with your sentiments but the lad needs to be fit before he should be included in the team.
    Agreed

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    208
    My first look at this season's team and once Magic made the change there was no difference between us and the Pars so there may be some hope for the season.We were second best first half but that may have been down to Kilday lost in midfield and the defence were incredibly ponderous.Semple was no where near the pace of the game and Brownlie and Holty were guilty of switching of in the first half.There seemed no communication and if Darren is going to be skipper and a mainstay he needs to be the organiser and take command.All four at the back have decent experience and must play as a unit.We were a different team second half and Kilday was better at the back and the much maligned Lewis Kidd did fine and at least tried to play some football.Oliver and El Bak battled away with limited service first half and had energy movement and pace second half and most importantly a goal.
    Midfield is the main worry although Pybus has something about him.We need someone to play wide right as it is doing MichaeL Paton no favours he has neither the pace or physicality to start there.If we have the funds for 2 players they must surely be for midfield.
    Best for Queens were second half Holt and Oliver and Bakhtaoui.Turner took his goal well and was busy and could be a player for the Pars.He stood out for Stranraer and I hope he was at least on our radar.The sub Coley looked strong and rapid but again Nisbet had little impact apart from forcing a smart save from McCrorie.Good numbers down from Dunfermline but the home support was poor for our first League match at Palmy.
    Easier said than done and i would not be shocked if no one comes in but two shrewd signings in midfield should see us looking fine.We wait with bated breath.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    https://youtu.be/Hf_YPGOHjws Pars TV highlights

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    That rash second half tackle by the Pars defender was very fortunate to not give away a penalty. In fact, it looked at the time as though the ref had pointed to the spot and then changed his mind a nanosecond later.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    That rash second half tackle by the Pars defender was very fortunate to not give away a penalty. In fact, it looked at the time as though the ref had pointed to the spot and then changed his mind a nanosecond later.
    I must admit I thought he indicated a goal-kick right away, he seemed to be pointing more to the goal - line than penalty spot from my position anyway.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I must admit I thought he indicated a goal-kick right away, he seemed to be pointing more to the goal - line than penalty spot from my position anyway.
    From my spot in the new stand I thought that young Murray went to ground very easily but then was under the impression that the ref had given a penalty by pointing towards the spot. Clearly on the highlights the ref actually was pointing for a by kick while the Pars players were baying for Murray to get booked for diving which would have resulted in a sending off having been booked previously. By the way this ref was as bad as I have seen at Palmerston.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    Murray may have went down too easily but it was a reckless , two feet off the ground tackle and the Pars defenders were clever in deflecting the reds attention to something else rather than their own players antics.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    I could see plenty on Saturday- overall- to be happy with. If we could somehow get Wilson in from Kilmarnock and slip him into centre mid , this allowing Pybus to go wide right , then the midfield would start to take shape. I would like to see Daniel tried here as he looks to have the ability to get past men and surge forward. This would mean a good sub in Paton to come on with fresh legs.

  20. #40
    Who would the midfield 4 be then? To me Murray plays better on the right than left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •