+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Pars

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Frustrating part of today's game, first half anyway, was punting high balls up to Oliver, El Bak and Murray. Easy meat for the Dunfermline defence to mop up. Second half we tried to get it on the deck more which gave us more openings but some of our players lack of basic ball control is also frustrating. By the time they control it with their second or third touch they're under pressure.
    Yes Chippy the high balls punted up to our wee forwards was summed up perfectly by '' Tam '' on the P and B site who asked '' in the first half was that the smallest Queens forward line since Lex Law played ''

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    No one will disagree with your sentiments but the lad needs to be fit before he should be included in the team.
    Agreed

My first look at this season's team and once Magic made the change there was no difference between us and the Pars so there may be some hope for the season.We were second best first half but that may have been down to Kilday lost in midfield and the defence were incredibly ponderous.Semple was no where near the pace of the game and Brownlie and Holty were guilty of switching of in the first half.There seemed no communication and if Darren is going to be skipper and a mainstay he needs to be the organiser and take command.All four at the back have decent experience and must play as a unit.We were a different team second half and Kilday was better at the back and the much maligned Lewis Kidd did fine and at least tried to play some football.Oliver and El Bak battled away with limited service first half and had energy movement and pace second half and most importantly a goal.
    Midfield is the main worry although Pybus has something about him.We need someone to play wide right as it is doing MichaeL Paton no favours he has neither the pace or physicality to start there.If we have the funds for 2 players they must surely be for midfield.
    Best for Queens were second half Holt and Oliver and Bakhtaoui.Turner took his goal well and was busy and could be a player for the Pars.He stood out for Stranraer and I hope he was at least on our radar.The sub Coley looked strong and rapid but again Nisbet had little impact apart from forcing a smart save from McCrorie.Good numbers down from Dunfermline but the home support was poor for our first League match at Palmy.
    Easier said than done and i would not be shocked if no one comes in but two shrewd signings in midfield should see us looking fine.We wait with bated breath.

https://youtu.be/Hf_YPGOHjws Pars TV highlights

That rash second half tackle by the Pars defender was very fortunate to not give away a penalty. In fact, it looked at the time as though the ref had pointed to the spot and then changed his mind a nanosecond later.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    That rash second half tackle by the Pars defender was very fortunate to not give away a penalty. In fact, it looked at the time as though the ref had pointed to the spot and then changed his mind a nanosecond later.
    I must admit I thought he indicated a goal-kick right away, he seemed to be pointing more to the goal - line than penalty spot from my position anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    I must admit I thought he indicated a goal-kick right away, he seemed to be pointing more to the goal - line than penalty spot from my position anyway.
    From my spot in the new stand I thought that young Murray went to ground very easily but then was under the impression that the ref had given a penalty by pointing towards the spot. Clearly on the highlights the ref actually was pointing for a by kick while the Pars players were baying for Murray to get booked for diving which would have resulted in a sending off having been booked previously. By the way this ref was as bad as I have seen at Palmerston.

Murray may have went down too easily but it was a reckless , two feet off the ground tackle and the Pars defenders were clever in deflecting the reds attention to something else rather than their own players antics.

I could see plenty on Saturday- overall- to be happy with. If we could somehow get Wilson in from Kilmarnock and slip him into centre mid , this allowing Pybus to go wide right , then the midfield would start to take shape. I would like to see Daniel tried here as he looks to have the ability to get past men and surge forward. This would mean a good sub in Paton to come on with fresh legs.

Who would the midfield 4 be then? To me Murray plays better on the right than left.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)