+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Pars

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Simple answer Aloreburn as we all know is the lack of finances through the lack of supporters willing to spend there money watching the Queens.
    Magic appealing for a big turnout of Queens fans tomorrow in today's D and G Standard but cannot see more than the usual diehards attending though hopefully I am wrong !

Weather forecast aint great either, which won't attract the "floaters"

I’m looking forward tae the game the day, just a pity it’s pishing doon.

Half time... outmuscled , outfought, and, deservedly losing. Had chances though. Looking forward to" A game of two halves" 'Mon the South! Edit unlucky header off the bar last move.... that's it!

More spirit deserved equaliser.. Can we get the draw?

Take that yeah.

Well deserved draw in the end. Surely they got the attendance wrong today though???

Same old, same old story of a game of two halves. As Bagapapa has said we were not at the races first half when we were out muscled all over the pitch and constantly second to the ball to a side that were not that impressive. A change at half time replacing the clearly not full match fit Semple, I could be cruel and say unfit, with Kidd bolstered the outgunned midfield. This changed the complexion of the game with Queens much more on the front foot and were unlucky, or more correctly through terrible refereeing, not to take all three points. Begs the question as to why we so often start games as though we are not fully prepared?

Decent game that ! We had the 2nd and Pars the first.------ El Bak lasted a lot better than I thought beforehand as I reckoned he would toil fitness wise. This lad proved today he has some lovely touches and maybe a bit of TLC just needed to get his confidence and form of 4 years ago back -------Keeper was solid as I expected. Coming out for crosses as well. Wow !---------Brownlie didn't have his best game on the deck but was his usual powerful force in the air. --------Holt is not quite at it but he is getting there. A gutsy 100% performance----Semple was awful. No where near fit enough and too heavy ( as yet). I thought August was far too soon to see him back to his best but he will also get there hopefully sooner rather than later -----Pybus has far more football than Jacob's but not the same dogged like performer that chases back and forth . Who does though ? Jacob's was very good at it but couldn't pass. I prefer Pybus who can improve on his sharpness where as Jacob's couldn't improve on his skill level. . ------Paton is over the hill . A useful squad player but I wouldnt start him. He was absolutely knackered when he got subbed. Ability never been in doubt though but I always had reservations about his desire and will to win --------A very good and workmanlike display by Oliver who I thought was our MOM. ------ Murray was so-so today but we know what he can do . ------- Well, two draws out of two. No real complaints so far but nothing too much to rave about either. Anyone that moans about our squad should take into account the attendance today. We are not well supported and you cant spend what you dont have. Looks like it needs a end of the season crisis like last to get the Dumfries public out.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 10-08-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Semple's level of fitness is just awful. The guy can play as we know but currently he is behind Brownlie and Kilday from my point of view.
    A lot of hard work needed on the training field for us to see him back to his best.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)