+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rijeka v Dons MKII

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, I didn't mean they were from Dundee just that they were heavily involved in that scene. I didn't know they were from Ellon though, I just thought they were an Aberdeen band that played out with the 'shire (a rare occurrence although your Toxik Ephex would be another)...When did Toxik Ephex become Toxik Ephex and why did it replace The Abductors?

And did you support Crass in Perth in 1982 when the riot happened?
    Bloody hell ... the thread is already well derailed ... so Ah'll be brief.

Late 1980. Reason ... A high profile child abduction case in Aberdeen: Although we chose our name (The Abductors) about a year before, we got a load o' grief about it. Re. Crass .. No.

There now, I always thought the name came from the abduction, outside The Market wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    There now, I always thought the name came from the abduction, outside The Market wasn't it?
    Yep, the Market. And our name? yep that's what a lot o' folk thought ... unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Was that when Joe went AWOL to Paris and the Aberdeen gig was cancelled?

As I recall, the buses were run to Inverness for free and Aberdeen tickets honoured. You're still OK to blame Thatcher, of course.

I didna realise that young Slater and his boys were support that night in Inverness though.
    My recollection is that it was Topper Headon hitting the smack again that caused the cancellation, and that when they played Inverness Tory Crimes was standing in.

We were deemed too young for a 200 mile round trip on a bus full of punks, but persuaded a mate's parents to drive us up and back.

Nah joe ****ed off to Paris...allegedly he was told to to disappear for a while due to poor tour sales to drum up publicity....problem was he did not tell them where he was a did not keep in touch ...think he ran the Paris marathon at the time ...
    Vintage: was supposed to be going with the girlfriends brother but we were both skint and even free busses did not help those fact we could not even buy a pint or a bag of crisps 🙈🙈....any fvck thatcher

I think I still have a sid ozalid record lying around. Anyway, where in toon can I watch the game except the foundry?

Loads of places will have it on min.
    Filthys
    Adam lounge
    McGintys
    Stag

Loads more I’m sure - take yer pick...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Loads of places will have it on min.
    Filthys
    Adam lounge
    McGintys
    Stag

Loads more I’m sure - take yer pick...
    Cheers

Team:

Lewis, Logan, Leigh, Considine, McKenna, McGinn, Hedges, Cosgrove, Ferguson, Gallagher, Ojo

Subs:
    Cerny, Devlin, Wilson, Main, Wright, Campbell, Vyner

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast