+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why bother?

Middle way? Often beautiful but very hard to beat would be my preference. We need to be much more pragmatic much more often

Maybe Jez but after watching so much ****e over the last few years nice to see us playing proper football for a change. Love watching us keep and use the ball. Also like the fact we have a lot of youngsters pushing to get into the first team.

we are very enjoyable to watch. More so than any team in the Championship.

If we go up we won't be an up and down and we won't be a big Sam copy just intent on staying up.

I'll take our position right now over any other team in the championship.

Love the football and still think we are heading for promotion.

There was an interesting article in the YEP, an interview with a football finance expert giving his opinion on FFP and how it's impacted the club. Interesting read and settled a few of my concerns to be honest, I think we are heading in the right direction under AR.

Just my opinion mind.

If you look at what others teams have been doing in the league in terms of transfer business it all seems very muted, maybe the Birmingham experience has been a salutary reminder for everyone. I think we have done relatively better and see no reason why we can't nail it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    If you look at what others teams have been doing in the league in terms of transfer business it all seems very muted, maybe the Birmingham experience has been a salutary reminder for everyone. I think we have done relatively better and see no reason why we can't nail it this season.

We already had some decent signings ie Sawyers, but the latest four today have been brilliant. We are better than last year and now have youth - a creative midfield and two decent wingers. It will be a different West Brom on the 1st October for sure with a decent manager too! Think you will be right up there again as well!

Hope we have two equally cracking games with your shower again this season mate - just reverse our away score and that should see us up LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Hope we have two equally cracking games with your shower again this season mate - just reverse our away score and that should see us up LOL!

Can’t wait to 1st Oct as will be there! We have a much better team and a manager who is tactically aware unlike clueless Darren Moore. Great players have come in and can see West Brom and Leeds being favourites!

Personally think you'll walk this league, but I thought that last season, hope we can hold on to your shirt tails.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Last season we were better than the season before.

We've played one match this season against competition who didn't turn up.

We have sold all of those who contributed last season, bar Phillips, and we already have injuries that threaten a threadbare squad.

What more.do I want? An owner who is as dedicated and.comitted to the club as I am, a DoF who knows the business of obtaining quality as opposed to quantity, and a manager/coach who isn't so blinkered, dogmatic and unconscionably convinced of their own ability to understand that they will get found out eventuallym. Team/squadwise? Better than we have.
    So Bristol didnt turn up? Why cant you credit us for that, just saying..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)