+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why bother?

Why bother?

So Bielsa is revered by some of the best coaches in the world.
    He took a bunch of also rans and nearly won the league.
    Roofe was rubbish now he has gone to Belgium for £7mil
    only one game, but we won easily against what is supposed to be one of the better teams.
    Ben White looked very good.
    Bamford, now fit, played well.

So why are we on here complaining.
    Personally I think its great we are signing young players.
    Yes we have sold players, most not even in the first team.
    Added to this Loans are not free, Kalvin P was on £10k per week = £520000per year
    Now he must be on over £1mil.
    Costa the same.
    We couldn't buy the quality of player we have on loan, never mind pay the wages.
    If they are a proven PL player then they don't go on lan to the Championship!

So why not be positive and support what is happening? Its the best we have played for years, I look forward to watching, unlike the last 10 years or more.
    We have a team that tries every game, what more do you want?

One position higher than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ahgoon View Post
    only one game, but we won easily against what is supposed to be one of the better teams.

Added to this Loans are not free, Kalvin P was on £10k per week = £520000per year
    Costa the same.
    We couldn't buy the quality of player we have on loan, never mind pay the wages.

So why not be positive and support what is happening? Its the best we have played for years, I look forward to watching, unlike the last 10 years or more.
    Last season we were better than the season before.

We've played one match this season against competition who didn't turn up.

We have sold all of those who contributed last season, bar Phillips, and we already have injuries that threaten a threadbare squad.

What more.do I want? An owner who is as dedicated and.comitted to the club as I am, a DoF who knows the business of obtaining quality as opposed to quantity, and a manager/coach who isn't so blinkered, dogmatic and unconscionably convinced of their own ability to understand that they will get found out eventuallym. Team/squadwise? Better than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Last season we were better than the season before.

We've played one match this season against competition who didn't turn up.

We have sold all of those who contributed last season, bar Phillips, and we already have injuries that threaten a threadbare squad.

What more.do I want? An owner who is as dedicated and.comitted to the club as I am, a DoF who knows the business of obtaining quality as opposed to quantity, and a manager/coach who isn't so blinkered, dogmatic and unconscionably convinced of their own ability to understand that they will get found out eventuallym. Team/squadwise? Better than we have.
    go and support another club then!
    One that has no soul

Costa the same.

Complaining?

So you're happy we have one injury-prone striker for the entire season currently?

Nobody is saying loans are free, but your argument regarding wages is a bit empty as we have got rid of 10-12 players including high earners like Pontus and Roofe off the wage bill.

Costa the same.

Just who do you think you are coming on here & making sensible posts

go and support another club then!
    One that has no soul
    "One that has no soul"????

And you would suggest that the performance of our current owner and associated hangers-on is indicative if having anything approaching a soul linked to Leeds United??

Give your head a wobble.

Genuine question - who would take rubbish football, terrible to watch, nobody seems to try, in return for promotion?

not me

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Genuine question - who would take rubbish football, terrible to watch, nobody seems to try, in return for promotion?
    Basically the NW way - no thanks - means when you get promoted you are likely to get spanked every week and bounce straight back down. The teams who play football tend to have the best chances of staying up - Soton, Bournemouth, Wolves spring to mind.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)