+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemmings off to Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Five minutes is too long, I'm sure you'll agree with me that all we need now is a busy target man to play alongside Enzio up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I will agree with you on the need for a target man bit.

What's the odds that come Christmas navy'll be singing Enzio's praises?

I'm a betting man but wouldn't risk 50p on that one!

Two points:-
    1. Who is going to score the goals necessary to improve our position now. As far as I can see Hemmings was the only player who could actually hit the target (on a more occasional basis than anyone else in the last 18 months). The rest havent got 10 goals between them in them.
    2. People spout on about "freeing up massive wages", and this comment drives me mad. How do we - Joe Public - know who is on what wage, or if someone at a club is on a higher or lower wage than his mate. We don't, but to the usual crop of witless wonders, particularly on Facebook it's "freeing up the massive wage".... usually followed by "we can sign six players with that money".....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    1. Who is going to score the goals necessary to improve our position now. As far as I can see Hemmings was the only player who could actually hit the target (on a more occasional basis than anyone else in the last 18 months). The rest havent got 10 goals between them in them.
    2. People spout on about "freeing up massive wages", and this comment drives me mad. How do we - Joe Public - know who is on what wage, or if someone at a club is on a higher or lower wage than his mate. We don't, but to the usual crop of witless wonders, particularly on Facebook it's "freeing up the massive wage".... usually followed by "we can sign six players with that money".....

1. The club may have known about this for some time (or that it was a possibility) and targets may have been identified so let's wait and see. Obviously it appears we have a crisis with Tyson and Dennis out injured, but I trust that it will get sorted. It's time for Dennis to step up now as a poacher and the club bring in a partner whom he can feed off. Tyson would then be an impact player as you'd expect for someone of his age.

2. All true but there is no smoke without fire. Neal Ardley has alluded to getting players in before players go out along with talking about budgets. We all know that strikers generally get paid the most out of any other position on the pitch. So we can make a rational judgement that it would be fair to say the likes of Hemmings, Stead et al, would have been on good wages. Particularly Hemmings because the club appeared to splash cash last year in an attempt to get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

What's the odds that come Christmas navy'll be singing Enzio's praises?

I'm a betting man but wouldn't risk 50p on that one!
    I'm not a betting man but I would tell anyone that was, not to waste their money. Nothing would give me greater pleasure if we were singing his praises though, like any player who's pulled on a Notts shirt I have only ever wanted them to be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Of course we don't know exactly how much players are paid, but it's hard to come to an educated guess based on the profile of the player, the level they have played at, and mood the club was in at the time they were signed. I would be amazed if Hemmmings was not among the highest-paid players at the club, and also if he wasn't paid significantly more than the average L2 players. I would also be amazed if he wasn't one of the best-paid players in the NL, along with the other 'big' signings we made last summer.

Clearly, Hemmings leaving will allow us to bring in a replacement while reducing the wage bill - something that needs to happen if we are to avoid repeating the same mistakes as before.

Fro Leigh Curtis in the post.

The ex-Mansfield Town striker was one of the top earners in the Magpies' squad, earning in excess of £2,000 a week, and Notts saw it as an opportunity to free up money to reinvest in the squad.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...dundee-3187602

Why didn't we ask a fee for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Why didn't we ask a fee for him?
    Because no one would pay it.

Pay Attention Time

NCFC have just been rescued from oblivion by new owners who have spent a large sum of money to acquire - and hopefully sort out - the sh!t awful mess that Hardy dumped us in.

Both the owners and Ardley said last week that the budget was spent.

No more new players will come in until players leave / wages are freed up.

Today we have allowed Hemmings to leave for nothing in order to free up his high wages. Hopefully that will allow us to bring in other player(s) who are more suited to the rigorous physical test we are having in the National League.

I can't see any fees being paid for incoming players and frankly I would be very concerned if we did start paying fees. We simply can not afford to go back to the old ways of allowing joke owners to deepen the financial Black Hole that is Notts County...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Fro Leigh Curtis in the post.

The ex-Mansfield Town striker was one of the top earners in the Magpies' squad, earning in excess of £2,000 a week, and Notts saw it as an opportunity to free up money to reinvest in the squad.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...dundee-3187602
    That's a massively safe estimate, like saying he was on more than £100 a week, Stead was probably on close to £2k and I'd imagine Hemmings was closer to £3k

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast