+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hemmings off to Dundee

Hemmings off to Dundee

Looks like the Scottish papers are reporting that Kane Hemmings is off back to Dundee.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...transfer-news/

Apparently St Johnstone wanted to sign him in loan, but Dundee swooped to offer him a permanent deal.

Makes sense for both parties really. He's a cut above NL level, and we're probably paying him way more than we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Makes sense for both parties really. He's a cut above NL level, and we're probably paying him way more than we should be.
    hes not, really.
    has flashes of brilliance, and months of mediocrity.
    will suit scotch fitba perfectly, mediocrity is the new star quality there.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    hes not, really.
    has flashes of brilliance, and months of mediocrity.
    will suit scotch fitba perfectly, mediocrity is the new star quality there.
    True, he's very inconsistent from game to game, but he has consistently scored 1 in 3 at L2 and L1 levels. He managed 13 goals for as last season in an awful team. Given all of that, if I were him, I'd want to be playing at a higher level than the NL.

And given his wages, I'd rather he left than stayed. He was one of our better players last season, and he can at least leave knowing he didn't steal a wage completely like some did. I wish him well if he leaves, but it definitely suits both parties.

True, he's very inconsistent from game to game, but he has consistently scored 1 in 3 at L2 and L1 levels. He managed 13 goals for as last season in an awful team. Given all of that, if I were him, I'd want to be playing at a higher level than the NL.

And given his wages, I'd rather he left than stayed. He was one of our better players last season, and he can at least leave knowing he didn't steal a wage completely like some did. I wish him well if he leaves, but it definitely suits both parties.
    It doesn't really suit Notts unless we quickly sign a replacement. If he's gone before Saturday who do we play up front?

I think he was one of the bad eggs. No knowledge just his persona in interviews and effort in most matches. A not really bothered attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It doesn't really suit Notts unless we quickly sign a replacement. If he's gone before Saturday who do we play up front?
    I'd have to imagine it's a deal that says he goes when we get a replacement in?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm thinking beyond this weekend's match. It suits Notts not to have people on ridiculous wages who don't have that big an impact on most games. It suits Notts not to be a financial blackhole for the new owners. And it suits Notts to get a more suitable replacement who will give us more physicality and areal threat up top, assuming that is what the plan is.

For what it's worth, of the three apparent big earners (Dennis, Enzio, Hemmings), Kane is the one I would have chosen to keep, simply because he actually scored from time to time, but I think we probably can't be too picky.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 08-08-2019 at 07:34 AM.

For what it's worth, of the three apparent big earners (Dennis, Enzio, Hemmings), Kane is the one I would have chosen to keep, simply because he actually scored from time to time, but I think we probably can't be too picky.
    That's the issue, no one buys duds on high wages, they'll buy the good ones you want to keep

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's the issue, no one buys duds on high wages, they'll buy the good ones you want to keep
    No one buys duds on high wages - apart from us for the past few seasons!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast