+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hemmings off to Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Wikipedia just reminded me that we had to block the whole of Hungary from our Facebook page following a torrent of messages from Hungarian Bajner enthusiasts. Bring him back! We need more cult heroes at the Lane.
    He's a name we would all recognise and would certainly boost the crowd numbers and noise.

Is Denmark friendly with Hungary?

According to the Post although Notts let KH leave on a free there is a sell-on clause. Let's hope he moves on for money then

Hemmings.... Hmmmm....

Not the worst forward we've ever had. But not great either.

Got us a moderate number of goals in a bldy awful team, which perhaps compares favourably with Sir Les Bradd's shed load of goals in a superb team.

Hopefully we are going to bring in a pacey, raw but skilled, enthusiastic & cheap youngster.

But this is Notts County - so we will get a 35 year old, expecting a big wage, with the pace of an asthmatic slug.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Hemmings.... Hmmmm....

Not the worst forward we've ever had. But not great either.

Got us a moderate number of goals in a bldy awful team, which perhaps compares favourably with Sir Les Bradd's shed load of goals in a superb team.
    Fair point, but we weren't actually bloody awful until Hemmings arrived, we'd just made the play offs. And Les Bradd joined in 67/68 when we were near the bottom of Division 4. He finished top scorer in his first season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    According to the Post although Notts let KH leave on a free there is a sell-on clause. Let's hope he moves on for money then
    I had assumed we got rid of KH without having a replacement in place because of the transfer deadline, but the Scottish window only closes on September 2. Unbelievable that we couldn’t recoup any of the £150,000 we paid Oxford for him last summer, but I guess those wages were a big drain. We can only hope the new owners are a little more business-savvy than their predecessor.

125 Goals over 11 seasons is hardly a shed load (unless you have a very small shed).
    Hemmings had a better strike rate than Bradd.

I'd 've thought Big Les' scoring rate was much better than that! Shows how old age can affect the thinking I guess.

I'd 've thought Big Les' scoring rate was much better than that! Shows how old age can affect the thinking I guess.
    When a forward is with a club that long he's going to go through hot and cold spells, one season he only scored 6 but he was our top scorer in three separate campaigns including the year we very nearly pipped Fword back into the top flight (which might have changed everything), he bagged 19 that season including goals against Fword, Chelsea and Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    I've just had a quick look at the stats...

Of his 14 goals (3 of which were from the spot) 11 of those either put us in front or drew us level at that point in the game.
    Fair enough I'm surprised at that. I'm guessing we didn't go on to win or draw all of those but that's not purely his fault of course.

I just associate Hemmings with wasting opportunities at important moments in games, maybe that's a lack of objectivity on my part. I don't know.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in Scotland anyway.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910