+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: OT Why has the Labour party sold its soul?

What do these articles have to do with you unquestionably linking to Gilligan's poorly researched article? Corbyn et al's links with supporting the Irish unionists cause against the British state is well documented and well rooted in opposing the British State's use of apartheid tactics in Northern Ireland in the late 60s, as well as their own use of weapons on a peaceful NI Labour Party march that triggered the Troubles in the first place. If you're interested, read up on it but read both sides of the debate, not just unquestioning acceptance of your own Starte just because you happen to have been born there.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You've posted this before. It's from before Cameron started his own EU negotiations, when he was making his own threats to the EI in the hope of getting concessions. This was well before he triggered the referendum and well before the Leave EU led their campaign promising:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

This was the promise made by the campaign leading the persuasion for people to leave the UK during the referendum. It was from their blinking manifesto. How much clearer does it need to be!:

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...pdf?1463496002
    Was this the leaflet sent to over 30 million homes at the tax payers expense imploring us to vote remain

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Was this the leaflet sent to over 30 million homes at the tax payers expense imploring us to vote remain
    What does this have to do with the Vote Leave promise that "Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"?

The government leaflet made no such threat that leaving the EU meant leaving without a deal, just that a trade deal would be harder to negotiate than many Leave voters think.

You've posted this before. It's from before Cameron started his own EU negotiations, when he was making his own threats to the EI in the hope of getting concessions. This was well before he triggered the referendum and well before the Leave EU led their campaign promising:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

This was the promise made by the campaign leading the persuasion for people to leave the UK during the referendum. It was from their blinking manifesto. How much clearer does it need to be!:

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...pdf?1463496002
    Yawn my ****ing head off at this crap you keep coming up with. He was talking direct to the people as you would have heard him say if you listened to it and he was urging people not to vote leave or once again did you not get that?

I listened to it at the time and thought go on man go get us a better deal and I will be happy to stay. He went he did not get the deal so I voted leave.

The question is why do remainers not abide by the result?

What do these articles have to do with you unquestionably linking to Gilligan's poorly researched article? Corbyn et al's links with supporting the Irish unionists cause against the British state is well documented and well rooted in opposing the British State's use of apartheid tactics in Northern Ireland in the late 60s, as well as their own use of weapons on a peaceful NI Labour Party march that triggered the Troubles in the first place. If you're interested, read up on it but read both sides of the debate, not just unquestioning acceptance of your own Starte just because you happen to have been born there.
    Why are you such a plank? Those articles prove the point that you so hard tried to put down. It was not only the opinion of Gilligan but of many other people but once again you will not have read any of them to see what they contain other than what Gilligan wrote because you are so entrenched in your own opinion that you will not see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Why are you such a plank? Those articles prove the point that you so hard tried to put down. It was not only the opinion of Gilligan but of many other people but once again you will not have read any of them to see what they contain other than what Gilligan wrote because you are so entrenched in your own opinion that you will not see the light.
    Of course I'm aware that many people have associated Corbyn with supporting the IRA cause. This is because...he supported the IRA cause. What's your point?

The question is the same as I had with Kerr - can you support a cause when some who also support that cause use violence to further that cause? I think you can, and that supporting that cause does not mean condoning the violence used to support the cause.

Because Corbyn supported the cause of the IRA for 20 years, opposing the measures (and atrocities carried out on Irish civilians), he will have also met some people in that time who were either at the time, or exposed later involved with IRA violence. But without a doubt, Corbyn supported and preached an end to violence both from the IRA and the British State throughout.

So I'm not sure what you're hoping to gain by posting lots or articles linking Corbyn with IRA people. I'm just interested in why you unquestionably copy/posted the article linking him with a specific group, Red Action, at vague times that Gilligan himself can't even specify, that has been well pulled apart by the source I linked to. That's all.

Of course I'm aware that many people have associated Corbyn with supporting the IRA cause. This is because...he supported the IRA cause. What's your point?

The question is the same as I had with Kerr - can you support a cause when some who also support that cause use violence to further that cause? I think you can, and that supporting that cause does not mean condoning the violence used to support the cause.

Because Corbyn supported the cause of the IRA for 20 years, opposing the measures (and atrocities carried out on Irish civilians), he will have also met some people in that time who were either at the time, or exposed later involved with IRA violence. But without a doubt, Corbyn supported and preached an end to violence both from the IRA and the British State throughout.

So I'm not sure what you're hoping to gain by posting lots or articles linking Corbyn with IRA people. I'm just interested in why you unquestionably copy/posted the article linking him with a specific group, Red Action, at vague times that Gilligan himself can't even specify, that has been well pulled apart by the source I linked to. That's all.
    Ok I kind of get your point but how do you justify his actions here?

Danny Kinahan, Ulster Unionist MP for South Antrim, has stated that he is appalled that the Labour Party Leader, Jeremy Corbyn MP, signed a letter opposing the extradition of IRA terrorist, Dessie Ellis, to the United Kingdom.

https://uup.org/news/3830/Danny-Kina...t#.XU_b8-hKjcs

I am sorry mate but to me that is directly supporting violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wait for it!
    Well you certainly got the inevitable.

MMM and raging exercising their unswerving loyalty to Corbyn - the former lashing out wildly, the latter carefully rewriting history and putting on a few coats of Momentum issue whitewash. Biggie and Easy and Early being – well - Biggie and Easy and Early.

I think Biggie might be a leaver.

Come on lads, I have occasionally taken part in a politics thread, but this is a football site and you are getting boring. Can’t you just agree that you have ground out a dull no score draw?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

MMM and raging exercising their unswerving loyalty to Corbyn - the former lashing out wildly, the latter carefully rewriting history and putting on a few coats of Momentum issue whitewash. Biggie and Easy and Early being – well - Biggie and Easy and Early.

Come on lads, I have occasionally taken part in a politics thread, but this is a football site and you are getting boring. Can’t you just agree that you have ground out a dull no score draw?
    At least you have put a smile on my face Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

Come off it Kerrface - you know as well as all of us that as soon as anyone once again promotes an economic policy that isn't just about tax cuts and trickle downs, despite it being an argument you've run through us all 80 squillion times, you'll be onto them faster than Towner's twinkly boots!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011