+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is Nathan Tyson

How is Nathan Tyson

Looked bad on Tuesday, if he is out do we have a fit experienced forward on the books?

Looked like an arm injury so it probably won't be a massive amount of time but could still be a few weeks depending on what he did and whether he can play in some kind of cast potentially.

And the answer to having a fit experienced striker on the books is no if Hemmings is off to Dundee today, Dennis has been injured but has been back in training, he isn't going to be match fit by Saturday though but whether he plays some part in the game who knows?

Seems strange to let him go at this stage.

I think Ardley would consider letting all 3 of Enzio , Hemmings and Dennis go but someone has to want to sign them first. it just so happens that there is someone who wants to sign Hemmings.

We are aiming too low in thinking strikers with a one in three goalscoring ratio are good enough. When you play one or at best two up front, you need your stikers scoring more frequently than that else how are you ever going to win games? Maybe swapping these three, who are on high wages, for two decent quality replacements would work and would be cost neutral. That means one lump and one fast player who can actually hit the target together. You know, like other teams have, Mr Ardley.

And I'm not counting Nathan Tyson in those two, he seems an utterly pointless signing to me.

Here are what our National League rivals' strikers scored last year. 5 of them are on over 20 goals, or one in two.

https://www.worldfootball.net/goalge...gue-2018-2019/
    Last edited by Bohinen; 08-08-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We are aiming too low in thinking strikers with a one in three goalscoring ratio are good enough. When you play one or at best two up front, you need your stikers scoring more frequently than that else how are you ever going to win games? Maybe swapping these three, who are on high wages, for two decent quality replacements would work and would be cost neutral. That means one lump and one fast player who can actually hit the target together. You know, like other teams have, Mr Ardley.

Here are what our National League rivals' strikers scored last year. 5 of them are on over 20 goals, or one in two.

https://www.worldfootball.net/goalge...gue-2018-2019/
    Great idea...who do you suggest we get!?

Strikers are only as good as the service they receive, I'll be sad to see Hemmings leave. Sounds like he had a good attitude too, I wish him all the best.

Who would have thought a 37 year old with a dubious injury record would get injured?!

Terrible signing.

Tyson is training and looking sharp. 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Tyson is training and looking sharp. 👍👍
    Any sign of new players?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Who would have thought a 37 year old with a dubious injury record would get injured?!

Terrible signing.
    What's the betting we sign CMS as a replacement for Hemmings???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast