+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Powers that be at BFC

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Second hand car salesman at best, as said before he must have been very lucky to gain his wealth in his own business or had it past down to him, because at the helm of Turf Moor he is well out of his depth.
    Interesting opinion, but under his watch we are operating in the peak League of the industry, and are very profitable, so as a 'business' in any other industry this would be seen as being well run. As a entertaining football team you can have your complaints, but i'd rather have our board than most others

Garlick for me if you put a gun to my head.

As good as Sean is we all know that managers are very transitory and realistically won't be around for very long.

I love the way our club is run and even after Sean leaves I would be happy about the situation and confident that a decent replacement would be found.

I presume that you would keep Sean Sinkov? Who would you replace Garlick with?
    Now that REALLY is fraught with danger for our club.

Luckily we don't have to make that decision, and I am happy to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by HeidyClaret View Post
    Interesting opinion, but under his watch we are operating in the peak League of the industry, and are very profitable, so as a 'business' in any other industry this would be seen as being well run. As a entertaining football team you can have your complaints, but i'd rather have our board than most others
    The key to BFC being profitable is the manager, not the board imo, I doubt there are many, if any, clubs in the top two divisions which, after having had Sean Dyche as manager for the length of time we have, wouldn't also be profitable.

I'm of the opinion that they compliment each other sinkov. It's a fine line really and both have to be up to the mark to make things work for us mere fans. If Dyche didn't get the set up when he came at first, he surely gets it now and he's chosen to stay while there's been ample opportunity to go to bigger clubs I'm sure.

We aren't privy to what goes on behind the closed doors of power at our club, we just have to believe that they know what they're doing. Dyche's idea it was for Barnfield, I believe and though it cost a lot of dosh, I'm convinced that in a relatively short time we will be bringing through our 'home-grown' talent and the need to spend millions on players will evaporate.

We can have no control over the wages that are paid and as a club with small gates we don't generate enough income to go anywhere near paying them. Money has to be well-managed by the board or we would soon find ourselves in dire straits.
    Do we want to be a Bolton or Bury and others who are struggling to keep their heads above water through mis-management of finances.
    I certainly am happy that we have an astute board and manager serving our club. Let us be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that they compliment each other sinkov. It's a fine line really and both have to be up to the mark to make things work for us mere fans. If Dyche didn't get the set up when he came at first, he surely gets it now and he's chosen to stay while there's been ample opportunity to go to bigger clubs I'm sure.

We aren't privy to what goes on behind the closed doors of power at our club, we just have to believe that they know what they're doing. Dyche's idea it was for Barnfield, I believe and though it cost a lot of dosh, I'm convinced that in a relatively short time we will be bringing through our 'home-grown' talent and the need to spend millions on players will evaporate.

We can have no control over the wages that are paid and as a club with small gates we don't generate enough income to go anywhere near paying them. Money has to be well-managed by the board or we would soon find ourselves in dire straits.
    Do we want to be a Bolton or Bury and others who are struggling to keep their heads above water through mis-management of finances.
    I certainly am happy that we have an astute board and manager serving our club. Let us be thankful.
    Well said Fran.

Spot on in my opinion.

Nothing much to argue with there Fran, it's just that I think Dyche is far more instrumental to our success than the Board is, and the only criticism of the Board/Garlick that I have is that I think they seriously underestimate his ability and should allow him a bit more financial leeway. I don't think it would be a risk, more of an investment, the bigger financial risk imo is underinvesting in the team and getting relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Garlick for me if you put a gun to my head.

As good as Sean is we all know that managers are very transitory and realistically won't be around for very long.

I love the way our club is run and even after Sean leaves I would be happy about the situation and confident that a decent replacement would be found.

I presume that you would keep Sean Sinkov? Who would you replace Garlick with?
    Now that REALLY is fraught with danger for our club.

Luckily we don't have to make that decision, and I am happy to have both.
    I know I bore the pants off you 59, I must do because you never seem to read what I post. I am perfectly happy for Garlick and the Board to continue running the club, I have just one issue with them which I have mentioned on numerous occssions, and I've gone over it again in my reply to Fran above. But just be clear again, I don't want any changes in the boardroom, I would just like them to show a bit more faith in Dyche's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I know I bore the pants off you 59, I must do because you never seem to read what I post. I am perfectly happy for Garlick and the Board to continue running the club, I have just one issue with them which I have mentioned on numerous occssions, and I've gone over it again in my reply to Fran above. But just be clear again, I don't want any changes in the boardroom, I would just like them to show a bit more faith in Dyche's ability.
    We have replaced an ageing left back for peanuts, bagged the cash for Tom (he was brilliant for Villa on Saturday by the way!), brought in the Milky Bar Kid from Leeds, brought back Jay Rod, kept hold of our most prize assets and signed an England international to cover for Defour.

It seems hard to suggest the Board are not showing a bit of faith in Sean Dyche's ability.

I hate it when women start talking sensible...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have replaced an ageing left back for peanuts, bagged the cash for Tom (he was brilliant for Villa on Saturday by the way!), brought in the Milky Bar Kid from Leeds, brought back Jay Rod, kept hold of our most prize assets and signed an England international to cover for Defour.

It seems hard to suggest the Board are not showing a bit of faith in Sean Dyche's ability.
    £58.8 million profit over two seasons would suggest the board are showing far more interest in the balance sheet, than the team Sean Dyche can put out in the PL.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)