+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Powers that be at BFC

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    £58.8 million profit over two seasons would suggest the board are showing far more interest in the balance sheet, than the team Sean Dyche can put out in the PL.
    Sorry sinkov, but we will never agree on this.

An enterprise the size and importance of Burnley Football Club must have a sizeable cash flow, must be able to cover its bills and pay its staff and have cash to hand to run its daily costs. It must also have cash reserves and a good credit rating. We have all of that and incontrovertibly that's a good business paradigm.

I thought we fielded an excellent starting X1 on Saturday, plenty of options off the bench, the ground looks great, SD was in his element and God is sitting in Heaven wearing His new Burnley shirt and even more importantly, the Child Bride can't wait for Liverpool to visit.

xo

It could be worse.. Look at Newcastle... 10 managers in the past 12 years with £61.56m spent in this transfer window, £53.78m the year before and £39.87m the year before that and still some fans boycotted the match and carried out a protest march.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    It could be worse.. Look at Newcastle... 10 managers in the past 12 years with £61.56m spent in this transfer window, £53.78m the year before and £39.87m the year before that and still some fans boycotted the match and carried out a protest march.
    Add to that that the atmosphere at the ground yesterday was really almost non-existent --apart from the occasional burst from the Arsenal fans. Neither team really looked that interested in winning the match. It was far better at the Turf on Saturday and we do have a poor atmosphere there at times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sorry sinkov, but we will never agree on this.
    I'm not quite sure what it is we disagree on BT. I'm merely pointing out that we could afford to spend a bit more on wages and transfers, without putting our financial security at risk. In the last two seasons mentioned for instance, we could have spent say another £20-30 million on players, I think even the board's biggest critics would have been more than happy with that, and still been left with a profit of £28-38 million, I think the bank manager and accountants would also have been more than happy with that. That there is scope there for at least a slight increase in spending is self-evident, of course if you would rather see that money in the bank, instead of on the field of play that's fair enough, but check the BFC accounts, it's all there, I'm not making these numbers up, and to claim any extra spent on players would put the club into the red and risk our future is patently absurd.

We may disagree forever on whether we SHOULD spend a bit more, but the figures prove quite conclusively that we COULD, on that there can be no disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Add to that that the atmosphere at the ground yesterday was really almost non-existent --apart from the occasional burst from the Arsenal fans. Neither team really looked that interested in winning the match. It was far better at the Turf on Saturday and we do have a poor atmosphere there at times.
    Welcome back Sub, where've you been, another world cruise ?

Welcome back Sub, where've you been, another world cruise ?
    Hi sinkov. Just been very busy with helping others and also had family visiting. Life is hectic at the moment but only 5 weeks before the next journey of note across the pond for a few weeks followed by Canary Islands.
    I shall miss a couple of home games but am back for the Chelsea match ---want a free seat for a couple of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Hi sinkov. Just been very busy with helping others and also had family visiting. Life is hectic at the moment but only 5 weeks before the next journey of note across the pond for a few weeks followed by Canary Islands.
    I shall miss a couple of home games but am back for the Chelsea match ---want a free seat for a couple of games?
    Thanks for the offer Sub, it's very kind but I'll turn it down. It's not the money, I could easily afford a ST, I just don't enjoy it any more, and at my age I haven't enough time left to waste it doing things I don't enjoy.

Thanks for the offer Sub, it's very kind but I'll turn it down. It's not the money, I could easily afford a ST, I just don't enjoy it any more, and at my age I haven't enough time left to waste it doing things I don't enjoy.
    Fair comment ---I knew is wasn't the money!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    its a good point - Matlo.....as it reveals the sickness that pervades at the higher levels of the game, Money....bleeding the life out of it. So what do you do....I can see and understand both sides on this - splash out or stay safe, but whats this league about, Premier - whats football about....and how long should you rest on your laurels, well, if you imagine theres no where else to go, a long time I guess if you 'think' your home- free...I can think like that....it's easy, so what wrong ?....why dont I and perhaps others want to join that party....For me, it's simple - its a Game of Football, a Sport - that means competing to the best of your abilities....it means putting on the best show possible with the best at your disposal, it means....making the biggest effort possible to improve your lot.....and taking it to the doorstep of those that think your unworthy - doing it properly - with style, with panache...not just battening down or holding on for dear life.....it means throwing off the Sheeps clothing and becoming a Wolf - the transitions gonna be hard, you may well fail, but if so, you'll live to fight another day.
    So as much as I can feel a quiver of of alarm when I read that brief summary on Newcastle - I get it....and because of that - I hope they get through, bridge that gap....because in my opinion - more need to follow...otherwise - this league wo become majority prey....a playground the predators.

This knack of yours of putting words into other folks mouths is well acknowledged on here sinkov, for instance, "and to claim any extra spent on players would put the club into the red and risk our future is patently absurd". Trawl or troll away, I have never once said that, but I firmly believe we need cash reserves and it looks like so does Mr Garlick?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)