+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank god for lazy complacent ex-pro predictions

we missed hourihane, for his deadball skills, but I'm not down-hearted we have enough to earn premier league safety, two stupid mistakes cost us, not just in the premiership but also in championship! I'm sick of the commentators saying, you can't make those sort of mistakes in the prem you will get punished... Yeah and when we did it in the championship we used to get punished too! How many goals did we give away when whelan passed to their striker? The difference between prem and championship is not about being punished for mistakes, its just about speed of thought and atheleticism. The referees are just as bad, var is a joke, and we are not yet in our pomp, when we get our swagger back, we will be fine. It's lost in the mind at the moment, we still don't quite believe we are good enough to be there. Lads, we are The Villa, we started this league, let's own it!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    I don't say this lightly. But, shut the **** up
    Bit Harsh Sam! Its my opinion, we fckwd up today and whether you want to hear it or Not, the pressure is on...big time. It was not bad luck, it was an idiotic decision by Heaton thats cost us. FFS giving away a penalty after 45 seconds. "Go again in the championshio" was a bit tongue in cheek and replying with STFU is not what we FEW on here are about. Christ theres little discussion on here as it is anyway!
    Do you feel good this morning Sam, are you confident going into the Everton game, realy? Im not, its a disasterous start for us, luck, we had loads v spurs, should have been 6. Grealish having his pocket pinched cost us a draw, Heaton conceding a penalty when the player was going nowhere cost at least a draw. This is not bad luck. The players need to wake up quickly. Jack is the captain, is it all too much for him. We buy 25 million of full backs and where are they? Christ everyone hated Taylor last term.
    Formation and tactics, we know smith likes attacking but can we afford to carry pasengers like Elghazi? Why drop Hourihane, i would play him n a diamond with just one winger with Jack further forward. No this aint down to Luck and really, I wont STFU!!! Im not the manager and I support him but this is the big boy league now and he needs to sort a few things out quickly or he wont be, thats football for you!
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 18-08-2019 at 07:21 AM.

On Taylor - he's a decent player who has improved under DS & the coaching staff, he could well improve as he learns the Prem but El Ghazi doesn't work hard enough to protect him and that may be why he doesn't overlap. It would be the same with any other full-back, Trez on the right looks hungry to win the ball back and in both games has switched flanks so Smith is still working things out.

Maybe, it’s the dramatic way that some people, in this modern day, swing from ‘We’re top of the world’ to ‘we’re all doomed’ at the drop of a hat, that drew that response from Sam, Dave.

As said many times by most people, context gets lost in text. In Sam’s defence, how could he possibly tell that your remarks about the Championship were tongue in cheek? I didn’t know, it certainly wasn’t obvious from the preceding or following sentences. So maybe Sam was just venting his frustration at negative comments. Bit fruity, agreed, but STFU may well of also been tongue in cheek. Like down the pub with his mates, this place is like a bar at times, banter and the odd fly away comments.

For instance, what context was the ‘DISASTROUS” start to the season implying? Bit over the top, me thinks. Made me laugh actually, still smiling at it now as I type. Not a great start agreed, not a good start results wise either. But we are miles better than last season, and I have enough confidence to believe that we will be ok.

I for one, ain’t panicking yet. Bring on Everton, let the dog see the rabbit.

Onwards & Upwards, (in the context of confidence and positivity).

Dave, my emotions were quite high after the game and it wasn't helped by reading comments by "fans" on Facebook calling for Smiths head already. The first thing I thought when we were promoted, after finishing 5th, after having no chance for most of the season until Dean came in was "I hope he is given time and a chance".

There are things we would all do with hindsight, and there are definetoy questions regarding team selection especially with full backs, and Conor being missed out with so many set peice opportunities. And whether or not we should have got Maupay etc etc.

But the fact is, this team has hardly played together competatively and reading the words "start again in the championship" utterly boiled my piss.

You have every right to comment, say what you feel and have your say. And hopefully like you, I will calm down a little before posting. I don't want to fall out with anyone on this board. I've been on here for 8 years now and seen the numbers drop off. I was hoping promotion would see some of the old guard come back

Fair play Sam, yes I know about the feelings mine was probably written too quick, I should learn to calm down before writing.
    Im certainly not calling for anyones head especially DS.
    A win on Friday and the world is a different colour.
    No hard feelings Sam. UTV

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Fair play Sam, yes I know about the feelings mine was probably written too quick, I should learn to calm down before writing.
    Im certainly not calling for anyones head especially DS.
    A win on Friday and the world is a different colour.
    No hard feelings Sam. UTV
    Keep the faith mate ❤️

We are indeed few on here these days and it's sad to see, would love to have folk return to the fray.

I've no time for anyone who's stupid enough to call for Deano's head after buying a new squad and playing 2 competitive games, they know f'all about running a team in any workplace setting. The two defeats could be a blessing and serve as a harsh reminder that there are no easy games, my worry is that confidence can quickly evaporate on and off the pitch so I hope the vast majority stick with it & any dimwits are embarrassed into silence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)