+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank god for lazy complacent ex-pro predictions

Thank god for lazy complacent ex-pro predictions

Having read the predictions of several ex-player pundits I'm relieved to see that they have no idea what Our Team are capable of. They have all predicted that we will struggle in the Premier League and predict we will probably go down. I love that they have done this without any knowledge of the very shrewd dynamic purchases our coaching and management have put together. We have a team which excites me more than any squad we have had since 1992.
    So should any pundit wish to actually know what we have in our team, and stop predicting from the bottom of a glass of bubbly or beer, I shall try to give them the heads up...
    Firstly, we have a very strong defence full of character, grit and determination.
    We have a midfield full of goals, three disparate geniuses, all with their own significant abilities from dead ball situations and from open play. And we have a forward line of fast and intelligent wingers and a Brazilian who wants to become a football great.
    We may not be a top 6 team as of yet, but I believe that this team will be hard to beat and will score goals. This is what singles us out from most promoted teams, who usually fail not because their defence is weak, but because they can't score enough goals. We won't be struggling against relegation... There I have made a rational prediction!

I’m all with you Mon as I mentioned on another thread. I think this team/squad is easily capable of mid table and perhaps a bit higher. Glad to see someone else with a bit of optimism. There are still concerns with the forward line, El Ghazi needs to be more consistent and Jota and Wesley are unproven in the Prem and we don’t have a huge amount of depth up there should they struggle. I would accept mere survival however, even though I would be disappointed, but if it happens we need to keep the faith with DS. I firmly believe he should be in it for the long term. So no tantrums from me.

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    Having read the predictions of several ex-player pundits I'm relieved to see that they have no idea what Our Team are capable of. They have all predicted that we will struggle in the Premier League and predict we will probably go down. I love that they have done this without any knowledge of the very shrewd dynamic purchases our coaching and management have put together. We have a team which excites me more than any squad we have had since 1992.
    So should any pundit wish to actually know what we have in our team, and stop predicting from the bottom of a glass of bubbly or beer, I shall try to give them the heads up...
    Firstly, we have a very strong defence full of character, grit and determination.
    We have a midfield full of goals, three disparate geniuses, all with their own significant abilities from dead ball situations and from open play. And we have a forward line of fast and intelligent wingers and a Brazilian who wants to become a football great.
    We may not be a top 6 team as of yet, but I believe that this team will be hard to beat and will score goals. This is what singles us out from most promoted teams, who usually fail not because their defence is weak, but because they can't score enough goals. We won't be struggling against relegation... There I have made a rational prediction!
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👌

If this team plays to its true potential then those pundits will be talking differently soon enough, there remains a question mark up front over El G and Wesley plus the lack of quality cover in that central striker role which puts the midfield under greater pressure to chip in with the goals.

Really excited for the season ahead, we have some excellent players and Heaton was a steal!

Well today is a perfect day to show all these pundits what we are made of, get it right and of course they will mellow, get it wrong today and we will become favourites for the Big R and we will start doubting!
    As silly as it sounds, today v Bournemouth is a 6 pointer.

2-0 down with 40 mins gone and having a lot of the ball but creating little in the way of clear-cut chances. Bournemouth look handy on the break, no easy games in this league - blessing in disguise. Surprised CH left out as thought he did enough vs Spurs

Hate to say itbut the pressure is on, Everton next. God help us, 3 defeats in 3? E en a draw just to stop the rot. This wesley looks crap! Should have gone for Maupay.
    Just where is Guilbert? Why pay 17mill for a left back and not play him. I know people will say we are finding our feet but do you k ow that no win in 20 for grealish in the prem on the trot.

Bring on the championship and go again!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Hate to say itbut the pressure is on, Everton next. God help us, 3 defeats in 3? E en a draw just to stop the rot. This wesley looks crap! Should have gone for Maupay.
    Just where is Guilbert? Why pay 17mill for a left back and not play him. I know people will say we are finding our feet but do you k ow that no win in 20 for grealish in the prem on the trot.

Bring on the championship and go again!
    I don't say this lightly. But, shut the **** up

2 games in and doom merchants await. Played really well against spurs, top 4 team from last year and champions league runners up.

Played well today, especially in the 2md half, but were undone by bad luck.

This team has half a dozen players who have never been on a competitive pitch together before last weekend

To say, let's start again in the championship when there are 108 points still available makes my blood boil

We need 10 games to gel I reckon. It was always going to be a slow start with so many new faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)