+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Horse manure

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Is converting chances the main issue to fix this season?

"I understand your question.

Because in the previous game we did the same chances as the opponent. We scored goals, they didn’t score. Then it allowed us to have clear winning.

To score the chances that one team create, you cannot say this can be a different target because it’’s part of the game.

Of course, our possibilities to win if we are more able to increase the goals we score.

<Would you like to score more then this season?>

I would say yes, then finish this conversation. But improve the finishing of each action is something that we can only link with aspects that you are watching incorrectly. This modelling with the type of game, with the advantage that the opponent gives to us with the clarity of the players to have the chance to finish this action, we can say to you, the players assembled today had chances but did not score. It’s not because of the training where this situation repeats again and again.

In the first half we had a lot of possibilities to put the ball on the side, largely from the full-backs but we didn’t have a clear connection with the player crossing and the player who needs to finish. At the same time we had four players in the box. It might be something that you can improve. We created 10 chances, enough to win the game. In the previous pass we fought to finish, we are training from 15 months ago, but you don’t have a clear realisation between training and on the pitch. Because after the game you have a lot of things you can’t control."

Wtf??? lost in translation maybe? or just gobbledegook!
    Bit of both, but even if that's the case, if we can't understand it, how are the players going to be able to take instruction on strategy etc, (in training or on match day) if it is similarly "mangled". I suppose its a testament to to how good he is (?) that the improvements between 17/18 and 18/19 were so marked?

Ridiculous result. They should have been buried by HT!

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Ridiculous result. They should have been buried by HT!
    X2

Still can't believe we fecked it up!

Well..actually I can

im thinking that cider is now the solution, see you tuesday chaps..........

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So many corners I lost count, and made not very much of any of them, same with free kicks. Need some height/muscle in there. Hernandez had one magical moment but wasn't "on song". Although he missed chances, I thought Bamford was impressive today, certainly a world away from the candy-floss character of last season, if that continues could be very interesting.

Disappointed to drop a point, although interesting that the Sky commentator was opining that not many teams would go away with one like Florists have, we will see.

Officials, as ever at ER, were sh1te
    Have to say I agree.

They parked the bus, got lucky.. Bogey team TBH

ps - Didn't think Harrison was bad at all today - better than his replacement who didn't get a sniff!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Poor poor result.Feels like a loss.

Learn't f*ck all from last season at home..did not put em away despite enough chances to score at least 3/4 goals then our fragile defence does what it does best..concede a very sloppy goal.

We should have had a cert penalty but we can't blame the officials for that result..self inflicted

Fuming to be honest as in this division you can not afford to gift away points especially to poor teams like forest.
    Bang on Rev

Think we are gonna regret letting Roofe go.
    Sorry - no

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Sorry - no
    And not replacing him..I forgot to add that.

Sorry - yes?

And not replacing him..I forgot to add that.

Sorry - yes?
    once the front four becomes something like

Nkeitiah

Harrison Pablo and Costa

I think the goals may come more easily - Costa has looked a real handful in his first two mini cameos.

Klich isn’t quite playing to last seasons high points. Bamford if he keeps up his work rate might make a good 10 too.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)