+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Independence march

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    How long will it last buc? Not sure if I'm working yet though.

Buc I'm stav-ros, stav died

The march itself will last if you are near the front 25 mins from 1-30pm sharp start but the march itself will last over 1hr or possibly more .

There's live music at the Castlegate after there's a few pubs nearby so swally time more than welcome to join up with us you will like my Glesgae mates extremely friendly people .

Will try to be there buc. If it's only an hour that's fine.

Poor turnout from what I witnessed. Certainly far short of the predicted 60,000 in fact I'm not convinced there was even 10,000 there but judging crowds marching doon roads isn't easy.

Piss poor turnout from the Huns. Even with the small number present most were not local. Poor Dave was left looking very lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Poor turnout from what I witnessed. Certainly far short of the predicted 60,000 in fact I'm not convinced there was even 10,000 there but judging crowds marching doon roads isn't easy.

Piss poor turnout from the Huns. Even with the small number present most were not local. Poor Dave was left looking very lonely.

The demo counting rule, back in my rabble-rousing days, was:

- the organisers count the legs, thus doubling the number

- the coppers count the cocks (I make no evaluative judgement in using that term) on the assumption that the gender split is 50:50

So, both the Bannockburn and Lodge Walk calculators will have seen a bit of action today. Get arguing, fellas.

I’ve been in Glasgow all day, where friends still in the city after the Cure gig last night expressed surprise at Pride and a Bigot Order parade taking place simultaneously in the city.

I can say with confidence that our own parade round Queens Park can be numbered as 4, including one in a pushchair, and two Border Terriers
    Last edited by 57vintage; 17-08-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Big march taking place in Auld Reekie this Saturday in support of independence. Tempted to give hibs a miss and take a cycle down to Hollyrood park to see what the crack is.

Quarter of a million expected.

Too cold for matching now surely. I'll content myself with shaking my fist and quietly booing when the national anthem is played just before BBC1 goes aff for the night.

Proper mannies marching weather.

Agree with the Aberdeen march piss poor turnout I'd still say 10.000 my loon said that before we left to join up.

But with confidence I can say the biggest march ever in Scotland will take place this Saturday in Edinbro .
    I'm traveling down in the early morning train with my wife my Scottish terrier who's going in a dog buggie due to him being unable to walk that distance for now.
    Very excited about this historic event with an even bigger one to follow follow ..

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Too cold for matching now surely. I'll content myself with shaking my fist and quietly booing when the national anthem is played just before BBC1 goes aff for the night.
    Good man.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast