+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Independence march

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Letting Salmond kiss your wife sounds a bit risky given the nature of the court case he's embroiled in ��

The march got pitiful media attention.

Nearer to home what the **** is going on in BoD. It seems to have become a hun stronghold.

Will see what the courts decide DR.
    Aye moving to the Brig of don on Friday I think it's vote whoever has the best chance of knocking the SNP oot.
    But nothing changed 1 oot 1 in sadly .the turnout was also not very good we have to remember for the most part middle classes will vote but for some reason amongst the working classes council elections don't seem to matter..
    Suppose it's the same everywhere.

Just to add early on the march we even had a choir to YES and they sang beautifully.

That was a lovely surprise.just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Will see what the courts decide DR.
    Aye moving to the Brig of don on Friday I think it's vote whoever has the best chance of knocking the SNP oot.
    But nothing changed 1 oot 1 in sadly .the turnout was also not very good we have to remember for the most part middle classes will vote but for some reason amongst the working classes council elections don't seem to matter..
    Suppose it's the same everywhere.
    Something like a 10% rise in the Hun vote was it nae? That's hugely disappointing and I'm just glad I'm not from that part of the city.

Absolutely shameful.

Bridge of Don isn't the city anyway, it was the shire when I was a lad.

Blue rinze middle class wifies will have voted and practically nobody else ( which is why democracy will never catch on)

Anyway, if I can briefly change the subject from marching to running ( and I know Buc won't mind that) can I just mention that my wonderful daughter ( no rules) completed her first marathon today.

4 hours 10 minutes, nae bad for just her second year running.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Bridge of Don isn't the city anyway, it was the shire when I was a lad.

Blue rinze middle class wifies will have voted and practically nobody else ( which is why democracy will never catch on)

Anyway, if I can briefly change the subject from marching to running ( and I know Buc won't mind that) can I just mention that my wonderful daughter ( no rules) completed her first marathon today.

4 hours 10 minutes, nae bad for just her second year running.
    Nice one your daughter ran well obviously trained for it DD which marathon did she do.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Something like a 10% rise in the Hun vote was it nae? That's hugely disappointing and I'm just glad I'm not from that part of the city.

Absolutely shameful.
    DR it's a disgrace as people now vote whichever party have the best chance of beating the party they don't like we now have even labour voters voting Tories to knock the SNP oot. Back in the 60s working class masses here in Aberdeen voted the party that had the same values .
    My granda would be turning in his grave if he knew labour voters were backing his arch enemies the Tories unbelievable.
    Ref Aberdeen city cooncil.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Nice one your daughter ran well obviously trained for it DD which marathon did she do.
    Loch Ness

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Loch Ness
    Should have known that think that marathon got voted the most scenic marathon to do in the UK a few years back .
    Not done that myself but I've heard it's a good one to do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456