+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2019-2020)

Well Dunston and Chris Swailes defy the odds and come up with a 2-1 win on the MM Road to Wembley. Can they go all the way?

Josh Kayode's Gateshead won 6-0 against Ramsbottom..and he scored. Wish I'd stayed in the North East after Sunderland, and watched that game now

Can Dunston defy the odds of the curse and win twice as our team to follow? They have a home tie against Colne or Ossett United to look forward to on October 5th. Big money at stake, winning clubs will collect £11,250 from the FA prize fund, while the losing clubs will walk away with £3,750. So in my estimation that's a total prize money of £600,000 for the 40 ties/80 clubs in this round, or a couple of weeks wages for a Premiership bench warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Josh Kayode's Gateshead won 6-0 against Ramsbottom..and he scored.
    Gateshead drawn away at Kidsgrove Athletic in the next round, on October 5th.

Colne beat Osset 4-0 so now stand in the way of Dunston. Nothing striking about Colne FC but the town in Lancashire is famous as the birthplace of Mr Hartley (of jam fame and not J.R Hartley of fly fishing fame - remember when Yellow Pages was the place to go for information ), Mike Phelan the Man Utd assistant manager and of the actress who played the Tyrone beating Kirsty in Corrie.

Forgot all about this and I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the BBC web site to post the result

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Forgot all about this and I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the BBC web site to post the result
    Dunston 2-3 Colne another one bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Gateshead drawn away at Kidsgrove Athletic in the next round, on October 5th.
    Gateshead won 1-0, with Kayode setting up the winning goal today. They go into the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round draw

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Dunston 2-3 Colne another one bites the dust.
    I guess that's mainly the nature of the competition as the bigger boys join along with the lower teams in each round. Can't wait until we get amongst them with our FA Cup prowess

What's the odds we'll end up drawing Gateshead? Hope we have a clause in Kayode's loan. I see our old foe Stafford Rangers bite the dust so we can rest easy there. Dulwich Hamlet are still in the mix, do the gnomes still live there?

At least we can use a familiar chant to support Colne FC in the next round as their nickname is The Reds and they play in a familiar kit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colne_F.C.

4th Qualifying Round draw is live on TalkSport 2 Radio tomorrow (Mon) at 1.30pm. Good that Stafford Rangers are already out - too many unhappy memories!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast