+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Norwich

Liverpool v Norwich

For anyone interested, this is being shown on Sky1.

4-0 Already.

Long hold up to the start of the 2nd half because the VAR radio link to the ref has broken.

VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Long hold up to the start of the 2nd half because the VAR radio link to the ref has broken.

VAR.
    It wasn't the VAR link, it was the 'comms' between linesman and ref.

They did say though that if the tech failed, they wouldn't abandon VAR, there was back up in the form of a phone link!

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    It wasn't the VAR link, it was the 'comms' between linesman and ref.

They did say though that if the tech failed, they wouldn't abandon VAR, there was back up in the form of a phone link!
    NBC commentators were blaming the VAR but PL have since confirmed it wasn't. No VAR interference in the match itself, will be interesting to see how it performs today with all the matches that are on.

NBC commentators were blaming the VAR but PL have since confirmed it wasn't. No VAR interference in the match itself, will be interesting to see how it performs today with all the matches that are on.
    Lots of final whistles after 5pm?

One good thing about VAR is that instead of the ref blowing for offside, they let play develop and then review which should, prevent any goals being lost for wrong offside decisions

VAR will be getting blamed for the weather soon. The problem yesterday was with one of the Assistant Referees' headsets affecting communication between the officials, which would have been a problem even before VAR came in. It didn't help that the Sky commentators were speculating before they established the facts, but I suppose they just had to waffle to fill in time.

One good thing about VAR is that instead of the ref blowing for offside, they let play develop and then review which should, prevent any goals being lost for wrong offside decisions
    That was wrong in my opinion. Ref lets it go 'just in case he wasn't offside' as VAR will rule out if he was!I

What is the point then of the assistant refs looking for offside? Just too much interference. Ref was referred to as the 'on-pitch referee'.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-08-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote code error

[QUOTE=magpie_mania;39294517]
    One good thing about VAR is that instead of the ref blowing for offside, they let play develop and then review which should, prevent any goals being lost for wrong offside decisions[/QUOTE

That was wrong in my opinion. Ref lets it go 'just in case he wasn't offside' as VAR will rule out if he was!I

What is the point then of the assistant refs looking for offside? Just too much interference. Ref was referred to as the 'on-pitch referee'.
    Are you agreeing with the new rule or not?

How many times have we seen refs blow for offside and find they were wrong. What happens now, the lino, assistant ref if you prefer, raises a flag but play is not stopped or is a resulting goal checked anyway?

I think it should be like cricket to a degree and if a linesman hasn't flagged for a possible OS, the goal should stand unless it's a VERY obvious error from the lino? If he's OS by a toe or half a foot, the goal should stand IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast