+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This team

This team

Are going to get better and better. Yes thay still have weaknesses and we all know where they are.

At times we are still so naive, we punt the ball forward when we need to be a wee bit more patient, and we hold the ball sometimes when it should be going forward.

But the addition of Shankland is adding much much more than goals. His hold up play is what weve been lacking and his ability to bring other in around him is terrific.

First half, terrible, second half excellent and we win the game. Signs that things are going to gel. Still work to do but I'm feeling a lot better about things than I was at the end of the preseason and LC fiasco.

Great to get 3 points on a Friday night as well before any rivals play

Without getting ahead of ourselves. I see a belief in the team that stems from having someone up front that can chest it down, flick it on, control and move and take the chance when it arrives. It breeds confidence through the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Without getting ahead of ourselves. I see a belief in the team that stems from having someone up front that can chest it down, flick it on, control and move and take the chance when it arrives. It breeds confidence through the team.
    Definitely. Shankland coming off his defender, plays it away and moves, is what weve been missing. When McMullan started to come inside and we were playing through the Partick midfield with one two's we started to show what we're capable of.

I don't think we were terrible 1st half but we were far better 2nd, obviously. We moved the ball quicker and better and McMullan and Robson got more involved. I think those 2 could be key for us this season. Both have ability but need to be more consistent.
    Good to see Pawlett back too.

Great result and another step on the road to promotion. All round good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    I don't think we were terrible 1st half but we were far better 2nd, obviously. We moved the ball quicker and better and McMullan and Robson got more involved. I think those 2 could be key for us this season. Both have ability but need to be more consistent.
    Good to see Pawlett back too.
    Special mention for our keeper :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Pretty sure the point blank save he made to prevent a goal was 1-1? He looks much improved. See his reaction when their goal went in, impressed with how angry he was at the defending.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Good point at least 2 great saves!

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Good point at least 2 great saves!
    Not fully convinced yet really bad habit of knocking ball back into danger area. At least we actually have a backup to speak of this year

Totally agree, by the way, that we will get stronger as the season goes on. I would expect King or Harkes to start in midfield ahead of Stanton when they are up to speed, fitness wise. We've plenty options to play behind/along side Shankland and all of them will play their part.

I agree with bob we started the match well but McMullan didn't and that cost us the lead,i also agree with Shedka it was a terrible goal to lose and the whole match was turned on its head.Partick who were set up to defend got great confidence from going in front and for a spell things were looking bleak.
    In the 2nd half we managed to find our early 1st half form but never let that bone out of our mouth's and deservedly won the game,this was the real statement of intent that we have been waiting on for nearly 4 years,hopefully the Fun can take something from our title rivals tomorrow but i wouldn't bet on it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)