+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Don't lose your Head!

Don't lose your Head!

Sorry, I was busy at Alton Towers all day yesterday and didn't get round to writing up the fixtures.

But here we are, Game Week One fixtures:

(an uneven number of teams entered the league so there is a Mr Average hanging about. This is the average score and some lucky chap or chapess will get to play the most average team since Blackburn were in the league)

Jota than the sun V Winnie Warriors
    Injury Prone X1 V Tyrone's Abs
    Jack of the Net v Billesley Villan
    Big Bo FC v Astonliam
    Sausage Utd v MR AVERAGE
    Dazzys Barmy Army v Kurkley Krusaders
    Mcginn it to Winnit v Ozstan Villa

Can see some similarities in the team selections this year. Maybe a few people watching youtibe videos for inspiration?? Maybe a few people reading articles??? There certainly doesn't seem like anyone just clicked AutoComplete!!

Good luck everyone, I will tell you the rules when I understand them myself

Thanks Sam! I haven't got a clue how this works, but I see I'm playing you next week!

Yes, lots of similar teams - unusual this early on. I did read a few articles pre season - mainly to glean anyuseful info about newbies to the league, but I don't think that made any difference to my selections. Apart from McGinn I've pretty much gone with tried and trusted. I think last season has dictated many of our choices, with most selecting Sterling, Salah and at least one Liverpool defender as their core, others going for Kane and then working their team around those players, who take up a fair chunk of the budget, so maybe fewer viable options for the rest. The defenders doing so well last season has certainly changed things - for the first time, I've moved away from my usual 5 in midfield!

A few going off piste and being more creative eg Oz (who, I've noticed never picks Salah and wunned without him) but definitely more samey this season. Makes it less fun owning Sterling when he gets a hatty and everyone else has Aguero though! Will be interesting to see how our teams develop as the new players to the League bed in and we see what they can do ... I think McGinn will have opened a few eyes in the wider FL world (outside our little in the know league of course)
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 10-08-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)