Get your very own personalised The Gelderd End gifts!

Thread: Same old story

Same old story

Too many missed chances, to finish games off, our defending corners, conceding always looking likely ( Dawson free header ) even before their goal.
    Thought MB, should have changed things sooner - with only 10 mins left or so, doesn't give much time to have impact.
    Maybe a hard lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Too many missed chances, to finish games off, our defending corners, conceding always looking likely ( Dawson free header ) even before their goal.
    Thought MB, should have changed things sooner - with only 10 mins left or so, doesn't give much time to have impact.
    Maybe a hard lesson learned.
    I thought that last season should have been a hard lesson learned, but obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I thought that last season should have been a hard lesson learned, but obviously not.
    Absolutely right - unfortunately - it isn't about the personnel ether - miss a bagful then concede on their first on target effort - from a bloody corner!

We have more than twice as many corners and create f ck all - they only have three - free header missed and a goal.

The fact that there was a blatant foul on the build up to the corner, and that Grabam had a handball before poking it in is something we have to deal with every game - so that means taking the chances that we continue to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Absolutely right - unfortunately - it isn't about the personnel ether - miss a bagful then concede on their first on target effort - from a bloody corner!

We have more than twice as many corners and create f ck all - they only have three - free header missed and a goal.

The fact that there was a blatant foul on the build up to the corner, and that Grabam had a handball before poking it in is something we have to deal with every game - so that means taking the chances that we continue to miss.

And add to that the most blatant penalty you will ever see not given.......

Yes same old same old, and frustrating, Refs against us, cant finish teams off, need a 25 goal a season striker,

BUT, I love watching us simple as and its been a long time coming..

Bamford should have had 3/4 today I'm jus not seeing this 'natural' goalscorer people keep telling me about. A natural goalscorer doesnt try take a touch with his weak foot in the box from a cross when it was easer for him to take a first time shot.

FFS it's one home game into the season, you're all going to have coronaries by the end of the season unless you relax a bit more. Sure we weren't firing on all cylinders today but there's a very long way to go yet. I'd rather we start slow and finish better than what happened last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    FFS it's one home game into the season, you're all going to have coronaries by the end of the season unless you relax a bit more. Sure we weren't firing on all cylinders today but there's a very long way to go yet. I'd rather we start slow and finish better than what happened last season.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post

Sorry don't agree.
    Start as you mean to continue.

Understand both POV but the frustration is with someone more clinical than Bamford we would have won that game comfortably.

MB analyses stats more than most so the fact we created the most chances in the league but were down in 5th or 6th is scoring shows that there was an issue.

We battered em but did not finish em, with our defence you always risk a sucker punch if you don't put teams away while on top.

Our keeper is f*cking useless and opposing teams have already picked up on his inability in dealing with crosses.The only time Forest were a threat was from f*cking corners!

Defence was a problem last season and it appears nothing has changed this season..look at the 2 goals we have conceded thus far and go figure.

True but point was making is that if we are more geared towards attack then it should be clear that we need someone to finish off the chances. If we had been 2 or 3 up then we could afford to concede 1

Same as last season exactly, couldn't score then can't score now, let stupid goals in then, let stupid goals in now, I said it before and will say it now, to sell your top striker and centre half (for whatever reasons) is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Same as last season exactly, couldn't score then can't score now, let stupid goals in then, let stupid goals in now, I said it before and will say it now, to sell your top striker and centre half (for whatever reasons) is madness.

Think White is much better than Jansson but the problem at corners we lack height across the pitch. Yesterday we had Cooper, White, Klich and Bamford. Bamford is clearly not a defender which means that as a forest had 5 or 6 with height we couldn’t pick them all up properly. Ayling will help when he comes back in that regard.

Hope Eddie starts against Salford and scores a hatful as that will make it harder to keep him out as we are not maximising our strength at the moment.

Team lacking any serious aerial ability, both attacking wise & defending corners etc - worrying thing is, we are yet to play any team that thrives on set - pieces etc - WBA, stoke , millwall, will be a threat whenever they get corner etc.

Hope Eddie bangs a hat trick so Mr stubborn can't leave him out.