+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Jack Hamilton

  1. #1

    Jack Hamilton

    Great save today at 0-0, well done Jack

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,113
    just as well as the shot came from the keeper kicking a free kick oot the park,think he is still way short on confidence and he has to find that and soon. bit a clean sheet is a clean sheet as is 3 points is 3 points

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    just as well as the shot came from the keeper kicking a free kick oot the park,think he is still way short on confidence and he has to find that and soon. bit a clean sheet is a clean sheet as is 3 points is 3 points
    You're missing the bit where Forster and Kerr left it to each other...was a good save and like you say 3 points is 3 points

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,113
    tbf mu head was prob still in my hands at the kick out o play however i did see the save and it was a good 1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,256
    Agree he made 2 maybe 3 ***** saves but being honest its certainly a position that McPake must strengthen because he looks a bag of nerves
    As were the fans in the Coxy
    In short not good enough

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    Agree he made 2 maybe 3 ***** saves but being honest its certainly a position that McPake must strengthen because he looks a bag of nerves
    As were the fans in the Coxy
    In short not good enough
    Good save from forsters mess up.

    Once again the moaners out in force when the team needed support.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,248
    V good save, forster liable for that wee blip.

    Hamilton is fragile but fixable imho

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,113
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Good save from forsters mess up.

    Once again the moaners out in force when the team needed support.
    never heard any negativity in the part of the main stand i was in ,the derry ended up in good voice also

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,256
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Good save from forsters mess up.

    Once again the moaners out in force when the team needed support.
    Its Hamilton the thread is about
    Whats your thoughts on him?
    Are you happy/confident with him?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    20,113
    prob a goalie who shows his confidence has been shot since opening day at Paisley last season
    quite a good reflex save keeper
    however
    consistently gorilla glued to his line which i hate to see and when he does evict himself from the line ,well we all saw what happened against the pars

    is there still a keeper in there? i think so but he must start controlling his area and claiming every ball that comes in it,would love to here rab geddes's view on JH as since scott bain was here every keeper remains on their line,bain used to come for balls then it suddenly stopped,if its the case of coaching then its an easy fix if its JH's own doing then we may well need a new keeper

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    675
    If there is a confidence problem with Jack Hamilton, we have a good keeper in Callum ferrie, been impressed every time I've seen him.
    Came on as a sub at Ibrox last year and was superb.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,094
    Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    Its Hamilton the thread is about
    Whats your thoughts on him?
    Are you happy/confident with him?
    Oh I didnít realise there was a question in the OP.

    On Hamilton, I commented on his good save. I donít like keepers who are stuck on the line so heís not for me. He looks terrified.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    3,613
    His saves in the League Cup group games are the main reason we qualified out of the group

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Oh I didnít realise there was a question in the OP.

    On Hamilton, I commented on his good save. I donít like keepers who are stuck on the line so heís not for me. He looks terrified.
    hmac, agree about not coming for cross balls. If you watch his pre match warm up all the kicks in from Bobby seem to me to be beautifully flighted and almost drop on Hamilton's head. there's very little movement and I wonder if this gives Hamilton a false sense of what he needs to do at crosses into the box. Even if the reserve goalie was just jumping about trying to create some pressure for Hamilton to actually beat a player to the ball it might be beneficial. also he never flaps at or punches the ball away during these drills. Should he?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,248
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    hmac, agree about not coming for cross balls. If you watch his pre match warm up all the kicks in from Bobby seem to me to be beautifully flighted and almost drop on Hamilton's head. there's very little movement and I wonder if this gives Hamilton a false sense of what he needs to do at crosses into the box. Even if the reserve goalie was just jumping about trying to create some pressure for Hamilton to actually beat a player to the ball it might be beneficial. also he never flaps at or punches the ball away during these drills. Should he?
    Geddes is the best crossed of the ball at Dens....why he needs goalie gloves on to do it I don't really know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •