+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ardley out.

[QUOTE=KCNotts;39295186]What part of it is an overreaction? Take your head out of the clouds! Ardley is statistically one of the worst managers we have ever had and the ONLY manager to take us out of the Football League. You may be willing to write that off...but I'm not
    YEP....spot on.

Another thing that worries me is that we always seem to need a couple of players, no matter how many we sign. In his post-match interview, Ardley talked about getting in a few more attacking options, but he also mentioned that now we're without Doyle and O'Brien, we might need more in midfield too.

Hang on a minute, what about Crawford, Patching and Kellet? Don't they count?

Ardley has signed over 15 players, and we're still short of the type of player we need. 15 players and our only fit striker is 37.

Watching Ardley yesterday was like watching someone who has just been sentenced to hang but wants it to be a dream. His body language and his interviews shout out in his quiet manner that he has no clue how to fix this what is instead a nightmare, and he wants out, "Please pay me off!"

I imagine Nolan would be only too pleased to drive him home.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Watching Ardley yesterday was like watching someone who has just been sentenced to hang but wants it to be a dream. His body language and his interviews shout out in his quiet manner that he has no clue how to fix this what is instead a nightmare, and he wants out, "Please pay me off!"

I imagine Nolan would be only too pleased to drive him home.
    He must surely be starting to doubt his ability to turn this around. Look at his last 12 months in management - left Wimbledon in the relegation zone, joined Notts and relegated them, then started the new season in the relegation zone.

Apparently he did well when he first joined Wimbledon, but it's hard to see where that successful manager has gone. I honestly don't think he can remember what it's like to manage a team that wins games, just as I can't remember what it was like to support a team that wins games.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He must surely be starting to doubt his ability to turn this around. Look at his last 12 months in management - left Wimbledon in the relegation zone, joined Notts and relegated them, then started the new season in the relegation zone.

Apparently he did well when he first joined Wimbledon, but it's hard to see where that successful manager has gone. I honestly don't think he can remember what it's like to manage a team that wins games, just as I can't remember what it was like to support a team that wins games.
    Is time is definitely up, if a rookie like Sol Campbell can better him with fewer resources it says it all, Ardley your a loser maaaan, you're out of confidence, idea's, time.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Another thing that worries me is that we always seem to need a couple of players, no matter how many we sign. In his post-match interview, Ardley talked about getting in a few more attacking options, but he also mentioned that now we're without Doyle and O'Brien, we might need more in midfield too.

Hang on a minute, what about Crawford, Patching and Kellet? Don't they count?

Ardley has signed over 15 players, and we're still short of the type of player we need. 15 players and our only fit striker is 37.
    I'm sure he mentioned trying to shore up the defence with new bodies as well, will search for it.

He actually said, ''If we can add the strength and physicality in defence'', whatever that might mean?

Last edited by countygump; 11-08-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Your love for Nolan is boring but relentless.

If you're picking and choosing things to suit your argument (like ignoring Nolan's 2018 transfer window, you know, when he put together the vast majority of a squad that took us out of the league) then so shall I when I ask what Nolan's win percentage in 2018/19 was? I'll let you know, it was 0%

Regardless of that, as you'll say that he was god's gift to management the season before and we shouldn't ignore that when looking at stats, at the end of the day Nolan's job (and budget) for 2018/19 was to get Notts promoted, ie improve upon a playoff campaign. Saying he would have kept us up is pointless as he would have failed his assignment terribly if we'd finished in mid table with him at the helm.
    And your love for Ardley is boring, but also catastrophic for the club

We have found out after from other sources such as adam collin that it was the chairman that interfered with the building of the team in 2018/19., so all nolans fault i think not

Nolans win rate is 41.7%. you cant judge him over 5 games, and more importantly was never given time to change it, when in the past he had already proven he could

The 2018 transfer window, when notts were in the top 3, the chairman never gave nolan anything. He had the attitude , that as notts were already in the top 3, they were good enough already.
    The fact is he was sacked for failing to get promotion, because at that time mid table would have been a failure.

Why is it pointless to say Nolan would have kept us up, its all true based on the evidence of his record over the 18 months he was there
    That being said almost any manager would have kept us up, with the exception of Ardley of course

Ardley is totally clueless, lost the last 10 of his 12 matches at wimbledon. Has negative ideas, no plan, a losing mentality
    He has relegated us from the football league, brought in 15 players now,not one as really been any good. had two transfer windows, but is still rubbish. Just 6 wins from 32. How is this Nolans fault??

AH wanted Notts' to play more football last season, said so himself, pre season. Nolan had a style that he was used to & had to change to suit Beanhead & that wasn't going to happen overnight

Ardley's time is running out. Though I'd love to see him turn things around and agree entirely about trying to stop the endless spiral of sacking managers this is exceptional.

It was shocking how bad we were yesterday. Despite taking the lead we were always second best to an average Barnet side. Disjointed, no plan, no formation, lethargic, caught in possession, throwing away possession, no midfield control, no goal threat... the list of problems is almost endless. Surely this is deeper than early season rustyness.

Ardley's interview yesterday was almost as painful viewing as the match. Example: "We need to bring in more players" Why? What is this strange obsession Notts have of quantity over quality? I think NA even said that - bizarrely! - "we need quantity, not quality". Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you were only allowed 11 players on the pitch? We gradually accumulate a huge squad of mediocre players. Eventually somebody realises this, & they are (mostly) got rid of. Then the whole cycle starts again. And anyway - with the hopeless lack of cohesion / purpose on the pitch - even if we did get lucky, and signed (for example) a really good new striker, within a few games he'd be as dejected & pizpoor as the rest of 'em.

PS - Thank you Notts County FC for thoroughly ruining my Saturday. [Rant over]

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Ardley's time is running out. Though I'd love to see him turn things around and agree entirely about trying to stop the endless spiral of sacking managers this is exceptional.

It was shocking how bad we were yesterday. Despite taking the lead we were always second best to an average Barnet side. Disjointed, no plan, no formation, lethargic, caught in possession, throwing away possession, no midfield control, no goal threat... the list of problems is almost endless. Surely this is deeper than early season rustyness.
    Of course it's deeper than rustyness!

The team has literally been thrown together in the last few days of pre-season and recruitment is still continuing. All of the things you've described above are exactly what you would expect to see from a team built in such unusual circumstances, which has barely trained together yet. The only surprise is that so many people seem surprised by these problems. It was fairly predictable, but thanks to the protracted takeover there's nothing we can do but live with the situation and try to turn things around in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by jackal2; 11-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast