+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ardley out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've not mentioned it because I don't think it's true. I don't doubt that Hardy left us in a bad position, but you and many others seem to be using that as an excuse for continued failure. Are you are happy to blame Hardy for not marking at corners, not creating chances, not tackling and tracking back in midfield, and allowing the opposition to win 80% of 50/50 balls and dominate possession? I blame the manager and players for that. I think someone hit the nail on the head in another thread when they described Ardley as a broken man. That's how he comes across to me, he is so ingrained into a losing mentality that he sees avoiding defeat as a victory. Whatever the circumstances, his points per game average is a disgrace. You can blame Hardy all you like, but sooner or later Ardley has to abandon his long list of excuses and step up to the plate. His solution to the poor performance today was the one he's used from day one - "we have to work hard on the training ground to put things right". Don't talk about it Neal, just f@cking do it.
    I don’t think it’s an excuse blaming Hardy but trying to point out that had we had a proper pre-season under the Danes then maybe we might have ended up with better players coming in, and as such a more cohesive team playing against Eastleigh and the first two home games against Stockport and Barnet. This may have got better results than what we have had.

I am not going to defend or counter argue any of what you said about players that cross the while line, because it’s true. I’m always a firm believer that it is ultimately those who cross the white line who have the responsibly and power to affect the game. The manager can help them by changing formation and tactics as well. Also I’m not saying Ardley should be immune from criticism as the manager and leader the buck stops with him. These are his players and they wanted to come because of him so they’ve got to show and prove to us and him they can do a job for us.

Nothing can legislate or justify failing at what you would expect to be the minimum standards like what you point out such as defending set pieces, retaining possession, wining 50/50’s and creating chances. We did not do anywhere enough of that today and that is what I found disappointing as I’ve said elsewhere.

But I’m also conscious of the absolute shambles that was the summer of 2019. If the summer of 2018 set the template for our relegation then so this summer has set the template for this season. That’s why I think it’s going to take a season (no matter who is manager) for us to find our feet and recover.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 10-08-2019 at 10:41 PM.

TWe aren’t missing Doyle at all we lost lots with him playing and it will get worse when he comes back.

As for Tyson he should not have been signed I’d rather play Campbell at least he can improve unlike the former they were saying on BT he has unfinished business at Notts as last time he was here he was having a bad time I guess at his parent club and was talking about retirement etc in other words his heart wasn’t in it and let’s face it he tried in pre season for a contract and now he won’t give a sh*t people won’t like that comment but that’s life.
    Last edited by legs77; 10-08-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The results are bad but more worrying is how slow & poor the performances are.
    this is exactly why we need to worry , its not the defeats but the manner of them !!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    There. I've said it.

We are in trouble. Too similar to last season, same old problems. Poor start to the season and i have no faith in his ability to change things.

TWO wins at home in his tenure.
    Very good but all this needs to be in our own thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    very very scary if that is a True fact and not fake news ......worthy of the sack in itself.
    However its a good job he has a fantastic away record to compensate the very poor home one isn't it !

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Shame notts sacked him , and for me always welcome at meadow lane

Kevin Nolan was far superior to Ardley and always will be, not only that comparing his transfer window of 2017 in which was play off form, to ardley transfer window 2019, barely above relegation ,

Kevin Nolan P 84 W 35 D 23 L 26 Win Rate 41.7%
    Neil Ardley P 32 W 6 D 10 L 16 Win rate 18.8%

cold hard facts do not lie, so go and figure
    Your love for Nolan is boring but relentless.

If you're picking and choosing things to suit your argument (like ignoring Nolan's 2018 transfer window, you know, when he put together the vast majority of a squad that took us out of the league) then so shall I when I ask what Nolan's win percentage in 2018/19 was? I'll let you know, it was 0%

Regardless of that, as you'll say that he was god's gift to management the season before and we shouldn't ignore that when looking at stats, at the end of the day Nolan's job (and budget) for 2018/19 was to get Notts promoted, ie improve upon a playoff campaign. Saying he would have kept us up is pointless as he would have failed his assignment terribly if we'd finished in mid table with him at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This:

I didn't even mind losing that match on that hot summers night as we'd played so well. Against, what was on paper, a far better team. Think there had recently been trouble round about that time but Nottingham showed the country how it should be done. Rival fan's walking to and away from that match together, laughing and joking with each other. AND we out-sang them by a factor of 10................
    One of my favourite Notts games - and we didn't even win. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be if we played Forest now?

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Eh?

Here's an exercise for you. Write a comparative list highlighting Ardley's strengths and qualities and a list of his weaknesses. On mine, the qualities side of the list contained only characteristics which related to his personality, nice bloke, showed loyalty etc. The weakness side was littered with commentary on his football attributes (or lack of them), tactically inept, negative tactics, awful plan A, even worse plan B etc. The list of weaknesses was extensive and easily populated, the list of qualities, not so much. He would currently qualify as an ideal candidate for the often quoted humorous school report which would read that he set his achievement bar very low and continually failed to live up to his expectations.

Could hardly believe what I was watching. So Ardley Worth It when you get your "target man" and the football is just as poor, what will be your excuse then?
    We have young enthusiastic owners. Hardy has gone. The Meadow Lane support is fantastic beyond belief.
    There was no tactical approach, no real committment and hardly any attempts on goal.
    No I can't think of a successor off the top of my head. What I can forsee is another season of abject misery. Disappointed? Not even close.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast