+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I couldn't wait...

I couldn't wait...

To get back home tonight and crank the old laptop up to see the backlash on Notts County Mad, it never fails to disappoint...there's some great (if a bit inevitable) reading on here this evening, brilliant stuff 😂

Today's match was tough, a stern test against a team who were well organised and had some skill and desire to get the ball on the deck and cause us some problems. They always wanted to play the ball through the ranks which, once Jim O'Brien went off, totally exposed our weak central midfield of Rose and Dunn.

I felt we actually dealt well with the trickery and build up play of Barnet so it was gut wrenching to concede such a predictably poor goal such as we did after taking the lead from a stunning Enzio goal. I suppose that goal covered up a lot of our deficiencies really as Barnet had started well and with real purpose and once they scored we were never really in the game again.

Their second goal, although well taken, again came from individual errors on our part in giving the ball away so cheaply and then our defender being beaten way too easily for a run on goal. The introduction of Dennis up front suggested our forward line may not be too far away from being really effective if we can sort the midfield dilemma out.

I've said it once or twice now, but this 3-5-2 isn't going to work for us. Apart from O'Brien our central midfielders aren't intelligent enough to make it an effective system and it also exposes Kelly-Evans and Bakayogo as poor wing backs, which is a shame because used properly they will prove useful in a back four. Tootle should be first choice right back too, Kelly-Evans has potential but he's not the player Tootle is.

I thought Enzio was excellent today, dangerous every time he got the ball, held the play up well and worked hard for the team. Unfortunately, Dunn put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a Notts shirt, I know he is young but that standard on show today simply w
    Isn't good enough for a professional footballer.

So, how do we improve, what can Neal do (save the boring responses of 'resign' for the bed wetting, cave dwelling threads please) to improve is for Tuesday night at Harrogate?

Again, I'd like to go with the 4-4-2. With O'Brien out we desperately need someone to step up to play CM with Rose (who was equally awful today...and captain?!). I don't know who can fit in there unfortunately. I would start with this team:

Slocombe

Tootle
    Graham
    Turner (C)
    Bakayogo

RM
    Rose
    CM
    Enzio

Tyson
    Dennis

Obviously I've left out the RM and CM, They are the positions I feel we really need to strengthen rather than a big lump of a forward. Our strikers have goals in them but we desperately need effective wingers and someone 'proper' to partner O'Brien.

Things will improve, I feel confident in that, but I do understand the need to start getting the wins on the board, if only for some confidence. If things haven't significantly improved by Christmas my tune may change but sacking the manager now (and for Nolan of all people &#128514 would be absolutely ridiculous.

Have a nice evening all 👍

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    To get back home tonight and crank the old laptop up to see the backlash on Notts County Mad, it never fails to disappoint...there's some great (if a bit inevitable) reading on here this evening, brilliant stuff ��
    It's like a parody of the football fan mentality, except it's not a parody!

Still, everyone's entitled to vent their spleen. As long as the owners don't take any notice and adopt a more calm, considered approach we'll be fine over the longer term. Fortunately, calmness is usually a Scandinavian characteristic!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's like a parody of the football fan mentality, except it's not a parody!

Still, everyone's entitled to vent their spleen. As long as the owners don't take any notice and adopt a more calm, considered approach we'll be fine over the longer term. Fortunately, calmness is usually a Scandinavian characteristic!
    Having just endured the worst season in our history, there is clearly going to be some panic when we’ve probably had 30 minutes of decent football in 270 minutes - and a repeat of all the old problems, against three teams whose only victories have come against us.

Yes, fans need to be patient, but Ardley doesn’t seem to have a clue how to get the players performing. The guy has had a season of near-constant failure, which must be affecting him. Again, I would love it if he can turn things around, but there is precious little sign of it happening.

Mitch Rose should be one of the best midfielders in this league, but seems to be struggling with the new system. Crawford has played at this level with some success, but can’t even get on a bench with no midfielders on it (doubly off with Dunn making his first start). Bird gets dropped, even though he can actually pass the ball and isn’t afraid to come out of defence with the ball (and the bloke from Port Vale doesn’t strike me as the answer to our defensive problems). And don’t even get me started on the wing backs who contribute nothing in the final third.

Never mind trying to play super fan we are already in big trouble this is exactly what happened last season with know all fans saying things will come good they didn’t and he hasn’t had 3 games he has had 30+ and his record is shocking.

3-5-2 clearly is being used to stop us getting hammered but then we can’t score as we don’t get enough bodies forward and being brutally honest Ardley hasn’t got a clue.

I am well aware he will be around for a while yet but he really doesn’t deserve to be here because he is nice we are not the right club for him imo.

He just looks like a corporate manager he says all the right things but delivers sweet FA.

To get back home tonight and crank the old laptop up to see the backlash on Notts County Mad, it never fails to disappoint...there's some great (if a bit inevitable) reading on here this evening, brilliant stuff 😂

Today's match was tough, a stern test against a team who were well organised and had some skill and desire to get the ball on the deck and cause us some problems. They always wanted to play the ball through the ranks which, once Jim O'Brien went off, totally exposed our weak central midfield of Rose and Dunn.

I felt we actually dealt well with the trickery and build up play of Barnet so it was gut wrenching to concede such a predictably poor goal such as we did after taking the lead from a stunning Enzio goal. I suppose that goal covered up a lot of our deficiencies really as Barnet had started well and with real purpose and once they scored we were never really in the game again.

Their second goal, although well taken, again came from individual errors on our part in giving the ball away so cheaply and then our defender being beaten way too easily for a run on goal. The introduction of Dennis up front suggested our forward line may not be too far away from being really effective if we can sort the midfield dilemma out.

I've said it once or twice now, but this 3-5-2 isn't going to work for us. Apart from O'Brien our central midfielders aren't intelligent enough to make it an effective system and it also exposes Kelly-Evans and Bakayogo as poor wing backs, which is a shame because used properly they will prove useful in a back four. Tootle should be first choice right back too, Kelly-Evans has potential but he's not the player Tootle is.

I thought Enzio was excellent today, dangerous every time he got the ball, held the play up well and worked hard for the team. Unfortunately, Dunn put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a Notts shirt, I know he is young but that standard on show today simply w

So, how do we improve, what can Neal do (save the boring responses of 'resign' for the bed wetting, cave dwelling threads please) to improve is for Tuesday night at Harrogate?

Again, I'd like to go with the 4-4-2. With O'Brien out we desperately need someone to step up to play CM with Rose (who was equally awful today...and captain?!). I don't know who can fit in there unfortunately. I would start with this team:

Slocombe

Tootle
    Graham
    Turner (C)
    Bakayogo

RM
    Rose
    CM
    Enzio

Tyson
    Dennis

Obviously I've left out the RM and CM, They are the positions I feel we really need to strengthen rather than a big lump of a forward. Our strikers have goals in them but we desperately need effective wingers and someone 'proper' to partner O'Brien.

Things will improve, I feel confident in that, but I do understand the need to start getting the wins on the board, if only for some confidence. If things haven't significantly improved by Christmas my tune may change but sacking the manager now (and for Nolan of all people &#128514 would be absolutely ridiculous.

Have a nice evening all 👍

I thought as I read your guff, that you were serious. Until I got to the line;

'Tootle should be our first choice right back'

good one

To get back home tonight and crank the old laptop up to see the backlash on Notts County Mad, it never fails to disappoint...there's some great (if a bit inevitable) reading on here this evening, brilliant stuff ��

Slocombe

Tootle
    Graham
    Turner (C)
    Bakayogo

RM
    Rose
    CM
    Enzio

Tyson
    Dennis

Things will improve, I feel confident in that, but I do understand the need to start getting the wins on the board, if only for some confidence. If things haven't significantly improved by Christmas my tune may change but sacking the manager now (and for Nolan of all people ��) would be absolutely ridiculous.

Have a nice evening all ��
    I wish I could agree with you but the problem is ,
    it seems Ardley doesn't have a clue how to organise a team to win a game.
    He can adopt a defensive approach which doesn't work for him, beyond that he's clueless.
    This was shown last season and is again showing itself so far.
    He hasn't had it easy but I would expect his teams to be playing far better than they have.
    He hasn't got a target man (as yet) but still we have been throwing it up front like we have , Why?
    He has an unfit centre back and is trying to give him game time during games that have cost us points, Why ?
    He has signed a 37 , 38 and 32 year old and removed a promising home grown centre back from the team to accommodate the afore mentioned not match fit centre back.
    I would love to come up with an argument that would justify Ardley's short falls but they aren't new
    These are problems that have been carried over from last year.
    No style of play , other than give it large to a centre forward that isn't a target man.
    a little budget wasted on players that are not what we need...
    I think the time is up but ....
    if we need to show faith I think he should be given 6 more games and if its still going twits up get rid , we cant afford continuity for continuity's sake.....

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post
    I thought as I read your guff, that you were serious. Until I got to the line;

'Tootle should be our first choice right back'

good one
    Are you Declan Dunn!?

You think Kelly-Evans was effective in any regard yesterday?

Dunn was poor but if you think that was one of the worst performances you have seen in a Notts shirt you could not have seen many games then

I CAN'T wait to see the back of Ardley. I favoured continuity. I've rapidly changed my mind.

No one likes losing, but we are seeing a team thrown together two days before their first competitive match. I have high hopes that the Danes are better than any of our recent owners, and the first way they can prove that is by not spitting out their dummies in Hardy or Trew style. Give the manager time, let him build a team, and let’s see where we get, and then, only then, should he be judged.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast