+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea

The club has people who do media training for the players and staff. It seems to go from Keys like water off a duck's back.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The club has people who do media training for the players and staff. It seems to go from Keys like water off a duck's back.
    Do you think he will get a pundits job when he retires ?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes all the more reason to change . As the Swansea manager said We studied the videos and knew where he puts it
    If he had put it the other way and the keeper had saved it you'd have said he should have gone
    the way he always goes. You can't win! Ask any pro footballer it's about hitting the target, if he
    skys it over the bar or puts it wide you can then have a go at him. Not at fault IMO it was a good save.
    Which way do you think he should go next time if he takes a penalty again?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    What surprises me is that he is so often put out to speak "for the club", what the hell must the others be like

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    What surprises me is that he is so often put out to speak "for the club", what the hell must the others be like
    Footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I can't help thinking I could do a much better job at this media training lark than whoever is doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Messi and Ronaldo have missed penalties, if you hit the target and don't score credit has to go to the Goalkeeper, you could turn round what you have said. I cannot understand how a professional footballer who's job it is to save goals can't stop a penalty.
    So you think a keeper has an as good a chance of saving a penalty as the player taking the penalty? First the stats on penalties saved demonstrates that is not the case so your post does not make any sense whatsoever!

Mm so your job is to kick the ball into a goal, from 12 yards, you practice everyday, there are no defenders to challenge you, you can pick your spot, take your time and there are innumerable places you can put the ball where the keeper has absolutely no chance of getting to it. Yes your under pressure, though I'd suggest that taking a penalty in a shoot out situation, or in a cup final or other key game is pressurised, in a run of the mill game any competent striker should be able to score and after all if you can't handle the pressure then the player shouldn't be taking the penalty!

What I don't understand is why, with all the technology today, most keepers are unaware of the tell tale signs that give away where the ball will be going and decide to guess. The one that helped me the most was the position of the non-striking foot allied to the direction in which the toes of that foot are pointing when that foot is planted immediately prior to the strike.

Is it in front, behind or level with the ball?
    Is it right next to or wide of the ball?
    Where are the toes of the non-striking foot pointing?

The answers to those questions, allied to body shape and you will get it right 9 times out of 10. You won't save them all but you will save a lot compared to other keepers.

And while you are doing all that analysis the ball sails past you into the net

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Do you think he will get a pundits job when he retires ?
    Craig Ramage gets paid for it...enough said!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)