+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kevin Nolan

Good stuff Mad and Pingu

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    In the second half of the season our defence was Ok, it was goals that dried up.

Keeper was a huge mistake, although Fitz had done ok when he came in until he lost his head and got red-carded.

A big factor last season imo was the loss of Mike Edwards (note how the fitness was lacking), Alan Smith and Shola. With their influence and the squad we had, I reckon we would have been challenging at the top.
    I agree, Smith, Edwards and Shola leaving must have had a negative effect, it would be interesting to know did they jump or were they pushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Nolan built the squad under hardys interference, and most importantly was never given time to sort things out. 5 games really?
    So Ardley has no responsibility from november, and the money he was given in January?

Compare to Campbell at macclesfield,who were in a worse starting position, no money, staff not paid. He makes no excuse, but still does better than Ardley
    Compare to the manger that replaced Ardley at wimbledon, when he left them points a drift , but kept them up
    Compare to Nolan that came in after 10 losses in a row, and achieved play off form

I gave you 3 examplesof managers that came in , when a club was in a total mess, There are many more managers who have came in and kept a club up

Any half decent manager would have kept notts up, from the position they were in when he arrived, but as the stats show he is far below half decent, in fact one of the worst at a ppg of around 0.9

The fact is he is a poor manager, and it was his fault we were relegated
    Can you please enlighten me to the money Ardley was given in January as his remit was to balance the books on in and out which he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    I agree, Smith, Edwards and Shola leaving must have had a negative effect, it would be interesting to know did they jump or were they pushed?
    Wasn't it part of AH's "bring youth in to sell on" policy? Those three would have been strong characters and positive influences on the squad and much needed support to the rookie manager and I'd guess he missed their input and dressing room presence.

Of course at that stage AH would (should) have known his finances were suffering and so his financial state may have been driving his policy, or he was just delusional.

Edit - PS and wasn't it the rule that whoever got rid of or dropped Steady Eddy would end up paying for the error!
    Last edited by Old_pie; 14-08-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Nolan built the squad under hardys interference, and most importantly was never given time to sort things out. 5 games really?
    So Ardley has no responsibility from november, and the money he was given in January?

Compare to Campbell at macclesfield,who were in a worse starting position, no money, staff not paid. He makes no excuse, but still does better than Ardley
    Compare to the manger that replaced Ardley at wimbledon, when he left them points a drift , but kept them up
    Compare to Nolan that came in after 10 losses in a row, and achieved play off form

I gave you 3 examplesof managers that came in , when a club was in a total mess, There are many more managers who have came in and kept a club up

Any half decent manager would have kept notts up, from the position they were in when he arrived, but as the stats show he is far below half decent, in fact one of the worst at a ppg of around 0.9

The fact is he is a poor manager, and it was his fault we were relegated
    I could agree with that argument if it weren’t for our experience with Allerdyce. He couldn’t prevent us getting relegated, but look what happened the following season. I’m in favour of managers being given time. Ardley needs time to build a squad which will challenge in this division. I personally like the early signs. Thought we competed against Stockport in a game either team could have nicked by the odd goal. The Barnet game was similar - but they shaded it. Very pleased to get our first win last night. Think we are still a work in progress but heading in the right direction. It would be madness to sack Ardley now when he is assembling a squad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234