+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leicester v Wolves Matchday Thread

Jiminez! What a chance, why didn't he hit it with his left foot? That was the opener right there.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    I can't speak for you, Woodie, but the game I'm watching here in Oz is a 'shocker'. After considerable pre-match hype I was expecting a great deal more than what has been on show.Although Leicester have enjoyed most of the possession they haven't done much with it. Wolves too have had chances but have totally failed to take advantage. Jota, of all people, has managed to stuff up two genuine attempts, pulling one wide in the 39'and then in extra time when almost clear and running at the goal with the ball at his feet, he stumbled A over T. Nuno will be warming their ears at the break (as will Rogers for Leicester). I fully expect some early substitutions after the break. If we hope to get something from this then there is need for great improvement.
    Agree with everything you say mate, bitterly disappointing so far.\

Holy ****, another good chance fluffed!

50' Dendoncker makes it 0-1 to Wolves, but it is disallowed !!! ....apparently due to an accidental hand-ball another fine F/U of an F.A. rule.

Jesus H Christ on a bicycle what a miss by Jota!

Better second half but looks like it is dragging into a drawn game. We had the chances and should have won but we will have to play much better going forward if we are going to do anything this season.

Thought we were lucky to be even at halftime, unlucky to not have scored in the second half. Pretty fair result. Surprised some of our players weren’t eager to shoot the ball!

Can't argue with what you say, Woodie. In a word 'disappointing'. Jota, had enough chances to win this game on his own, but instead turned in a performance way below the lofty standards he has set for himself. Even Jiminez was rather ordinary, but in fairness I guess we all have our off-days. For me, Boly, was our man of the match. I look for much improvement next week ...we might need it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Can't argue with what you say, Woodie. In a word 'disappointing'. Jota, had enough chances to win this game on his own, but instead turned in a performance way below the lofty standards he has set for himself. Even Jiminez was rather ordinary, but in fairness I guess we all have our off-days. For me, Boly, was our man of the match. I look for much improvement next week ...we might need it !!!
    In fairness it was the first game and I think we will get better as the season progresses , on another day Jota would have had the game wrapped up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Bolt was immense Grizz. MotM for me by a country mile.
    Outstanding. Boly that is!

Before the game i would have been happy for Wolves to come away with a point. I thought going forward, Jota and Jiminez looked decent, just in front of goal where it didn't happen. I think there's potential for Cutrone to have an impact for Wolves. One pet hate already for me is VAR, it's a decision that is correct, but it takes away the celebration of scoring a 'goal', then having to wait to see if it's awarded or disallowed, in our case today, disallowed. The incident was shown briefly on the screen today, but not really conclusive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)