+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do some fans......

Why do some fans......

..... seem to ignore facts.

I have just read a piece on HITC which shows Twitter posts from Rams fans saying they hope Cocu doesn't repeat Lampard's mistake of leaving Marriott out / bringing him on too late.

The facts of the current matter are that he got injured in pre season and is not yet fit enough to start.

Last season he had that virus that saw him drop a stone and a half inside a week. You don't come back from that i much less than 2 months at best.

I can only think that these fans don't read the papers or the reports on the dcfc site that give the facts.

Marriott won't start until he is properly fit. That is all there is to it. Scunny on Tuesday is a game where we can probably afford to take a risk in starting him there and if he has to come off at HT that would mean back on the bench at Stoke.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39295696]..... seem to ignore facts.

I have just read a piece on HITC which shows Twitter posts from Rams fans saying they hope Cocu doesn't repeat Lampard's mistake of leaving Marriott out / bringing him on too late.

The facts of the current matter are that he got injured in pre season and is not yet fit enough to start.

Last season he had that virus that saw him drop a stone and a half inside a week. You don't come back from that i much less than 2 months at best.

I can only think that these fans don't read the papers or the reports on the dcfc site that give the facts.

Marriott won't start until he is properly fit. That is all there is to it. Scunny on Tuesday is a game where we can probably afford to take a risk in starting him there and if he has to come off at HT that would mean back on the bench at Stoke.[/QUO

MA have to agree it's a bugbear of mine when some fans seem oblivious of what goes on at the club Any sensible fan must no why Marriott hasn't been available But they were shouting for him to come on after 20minutes yesterday Would expect him to get minutes at Scunny along with Holmes Bielic and Shinnie. Think we're about to get found out for not bringing a fullback in I know we've tried Bateman there but I see him more as a centre back I see Gordan starred for Mansfield yesterday at right back did we let him go to soon
    Last edited by mistaram; 11-08-2019 at 10:49 AM.

I agree with you mista, the problem possibly is that we’re kept in the dark.
    There’s an old adage that...if you’re fit enough to be on the bench you’re fit enough to play. No one really seems to know quite what went on with Marriott in the second half of last season but he certainly made a huge difference when he came on against both Leeds and Villa in those last two matches.
    He’s the most natural finisher at the club so it’s frustrating. Some fans are just inpatient but it would help if the club were more transparent about his situation...if that’s possible.

Surprised Shinnie hasn’t had a look in yet. Thought he was meant to be ‘Mr Versatile’...can’t have been that impressive if Malone is keeping him out.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-08-2019 at 11:06 AM.

You and I are all aware of issues pre match via the press and the club website. We also see things happening in the game which affect further possible changes. Evans off in a tactical switch and Bogle injured leaving just the one sub left. You aren't going to make that 3rd substitution voluntarily before the 75th or 80th minute as you don't want to be forced down to 10 men due to an injury (or have a passenger out wide...) for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You and I are all aware of issues pre match via the press and the club website. We also see things happening in the game which affect further possible changes. Evans off in a tactical switch and Bogle injured leaving just the one sub left. You aren't going to make that 3rd substitution voluntarily before the 75th or 80th minute as you don't want to be forced down to 10 men due to an injury (or have a passenger out wide...) for too long.
    100% agree with you MA about the substitutions during yesterday’s match but people are confused about the Marriott situation.
    I certainly wasn’t one of those chanting for him to come on yesterday but there were all sorts of rumours circulating last season - which I’m not going to add to - and certainly when he came on at Elland Road he looked sharp, fully fit and like a player who was desperate to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree with you mista, the problem possibly is that we’re kept in the dark.
    There’s an old adage that...if you’re fit enough to be on the bench you’re fit enough to play. No one really seems to know quite what went on with Marriott in the second half of last season but he certainly made a huge difference when he came on against both Leeds and Villa in those last two matches.
    He’s the most natural finisher at the club so it’s frustrating. Some fans are just inpatient but it would help if the club were more transparent about his situation...if that’s possible.

Surprised Shinnie hasn’t had a look in yet. Thought he was meant to be ‘Mr Versatile’...can’t have been that impressive if Malone is keeping him out.
    RA the club can't always divulge everything about a player especially if it isn't a football related reason why a player can't be selected Yes I'm amazed Shinnie isn't playing , maybe because he was a Lampard signing The few times I've watched him on Sky for Aberdeen he looks a very good all action ,hard working midfielder I did see him play for Scotland at left back didn't seem very comfortable there

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Perhaps he's crap! Not sure he'll be 1st choice with this new £10mil youngster we've signed.

[QUOTE=AdiSalisbury;39296054]Perhaps he's crap! Not sure he'll be 1st choice with this new £10mil youngster we've signed.[/QUOTE

Adi he's definitely not crap ,you have to have a squad can't just have first eleven

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA the club can't always divulge everything about a player especially if it isn't a football related reason why a player can't be selected Yes I'm amazed Shinnie isn't playing , maybe because he was a Lampard signing The few times I've watched him on Sky for Aberdeen he looks a very good all action ,hard working midfielder I did see him play for Scotland at left back didn't seem very comfortable there
    Recognise that MA, that’s why I said...’if that’s possible’ about the transparency, but if it isn’t ‘football related’ there’s been a problem for a while now.
    Don’t see why Shinnie being a Lampard signing should make a difference. We need an ‘all action, hard working midfielder’...a bit of a warrior...and if he’s played internationally at left back - even for Scotland - you’d think he’d be worth a try in what, imo, is our weakest position.

No but they need to be capable of being competitive in the 1st eleven, otherwise you might as well stick the youth team on the bench

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)