+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fanzone

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Reading all the posts on all topics, at the moment there seems a lot more to dislike about the Albion than there is to like and enjoy...

More to look forward to under a proper manager as opposed to two numpties GLM that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You are so right Mick! My point though was more on the club shutting it down. Can’t see how a Greggs would bring in more revenue than a rebuilt pub with inner museum of all things Albion!!! Then again - Greggs would only have a few years contract so are we saying it’s the plot of land that’s the real value as opposed to what’s on it??? Perhaps if so, maybe the plot of land for the stadium is of more value to the yellow man, than the football club which plays on it - makes you wonder!

Perhaps the c unt Dowling thinks - why do we need the Fanzone which some kids did like when they have a stupid mascot dressed up as a ****in boiler!!!
    al I think lai will be a bit disappointed concerning the hawthorns pub,almost sure it’s listed.read somewhere down the line it’s over 150 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    al I think lai will be a bit disappointed concerning the hawthorns pub,almost sure it’s listed.read somewhere down the line it’s over 150 years old.
    Grade 2 listed building can’t be demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    Grade 2 listed building can’t be demolished.
    Grade two buildings can be demolished or partially demolished subject to planning permission.

"......... The Hawthorns is looking towards the next chapter in its story: becoming a 'fan zone'.Existing wings of the landmark pub, opposite West Brom's ground of the same name, have been demolished as part of the project. And approval has now been granted to knock down the Grade II-listed building's 'west wing' to make way for the fan zone........"

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...hawthorns-pub/

Criteria needs to be compelling though. As an example permission was sought to demolish the grade two listed signal box at New Street station as part of the redevelopments. Permission was denied by Birmingham City council. Unless a now deceased Baggies supporting Labour Councillor had anything to do with it (and I'm not speaking ill of him) then Christ alone knows what compelled Sandwell council to agree to the partial demolition of the Hawthorns pub and the creation of a 'Fanzone' at the highest professional ground above sea level.

Let's face it, for the most part supporters are either going to freeze their bits off, get piss wet through or potentially both. Nice idea with good intentions but little forethought or clear business plan. It's almost as though somebody wanted to devalue the surrounding land to allow the cheaper purchase of a plant hire business plot around the corner so we could redevelop the Hawthorns over Halfords Lane at a cheaper price (pure speculation on my part).

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Grade two buildings can be demolished or partially demolished subject to planning permission.

"......... The Hawthorns is looking towards the next chapter in its story: becoming a 'fan zone'.Existing wings of the landmark pub, opposite West Brom's ground of the same name, have been demolished as part of the project. And approval has now been granted to knock down the Grade II-listed building's 'west wing' to make way for the fan zone........"

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...hawthorns-pub/

Criteria needs to be compelling though. As an example permission was sought to demolish the grade two listed signal box at New Street station as part of the redevelopments. Permission was denied by Birmingham City council. Unless a now deceased Baggies supporting Labour Councillor had anything to do with it (and I'm not speaking ill of him) then Christ alone knows what compelled Sandwell council to agree to the partial demolition of the Hawthorns pub and the creation of a 'Fanzone' at the highest professional ground above sea level.

Let's face it, for the most part supporters are either going to freeze their bits off, get piss wet through or potentially both. Nice idea with good intentions but little forethought or clear business plan. It's almost as though somebody wanted to devalue the surrounding land to allow the cheaper purchase of a plant hire business plot around the corner so we could redevelop the Hawthorns over Halfords Lane at a cheaper price (pure speculation on my part).
    68,that report by E&S failed to say the two wings of the building were much later add on’s so not part of the original building.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    68,that report by E&S failed to say the two wings of the building were much later add on’s so not part of the original building.
    I know they were chap, any idea if they were added prior to 1948?

".........Any object or structure fixed to the principal building or buildings and any object or structure within the curtilage of the building, which, although not fixed to the building, forms part of the land and has done so since before 1st July, 1948 is by law to be treated as part of the listed building".

https://mapservices.historicengland...._A3L_Grade.pdf

As an aside the building went up in the 1800s, the original was redeveloped/rebuilt some time between 1833 and 1846 and it was first listed in 1987.

https://historicengland.org.uk/listi...-entry/1077132

".........Any object or structure fixed to the principal building or buildings and any object or structure within the curtilage of the building, which, although not fixed to the building, forms part of the land and has done so since before 1st July, 1948 is by law to be treated as part of the listed building".

As an aside the building went up in the 1800s, the original was redeveloped/rebuilt some time between 1833 and 1846 and it was first listed in 1987.

I’m thinking of adding an office garden 68.

Can you give me chapter and verse on local planning for that and a kitchen extension please?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Can you give me chapter and verse on local planning for that and a kitchen extension please?
    Chapter and verse on an extension?

Probably best off asking your 'friend' with the big cock for help with that .

sometime in the 20th century all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I had a pen1s extension. Everyone thinks it doesn't look good on the house.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)