+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some like it hot

Some like it hot

Great comedy, one of my favourites. But get this, the actor who played Little Bonaparte in the film is still alive and kicking. I kid thee not, he is the ripe old age of 100. He won't get a telegram off the old biddy though because he isn't English...neither is she come to that.
    Anyway, remember the actor who played Wheat in Alias Smith and Jones is also still alive. Being an actor seems more of an healthy career than a footballer, even though most of them are alcoholics.

This film is generally in the top 10 of the funniest films ever. I wouldn't know as I have never seen it. I must be one of the very few who haven't. Cant believe it could be funnier than Way Out West or It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World though.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Great comedy, one of my favourites. But get this, the actor who played Little Bonaparte in the film is still alive and kicking. I kid thee not, he is the ripe old age of 100. He won't get a telegram off the old biddy though because he isn't English...neither is she come to that.
    Anyway, remember the actor who played Wheat in Alias Smith and Jones is also still alive. Being an actor seems more of an healthy career than a footballer, even though most of them are alcoholics.
    Kirk Douglas is nearly 103 Des.....his second wife is 100 and they’ve been married for 65 years.

His first missus was 92 when she pegged it.

This bloke certainly traded well in genes.....I’d be comforted if I was one of their kids.

George Burns the actor and comedian was a favourite of mine......on his 90th birthday he booked somewhere like the Palladium for use on his 100th birthday but sadly he wasn’t well enough at that time to perform.

My brother fitted a window for an old lady next door to my mum when she was 90.

As he was leaving she challenged him because he hadn’t left her the ten year guarantee she was due.

He laughed with her and called her “optimistic”.

13 years later he was back doing a job for the same woman!

As he was finishing the job he turned to her and said......”don’t worry Mrs Bradshaw.....I’ve already got it written out for you in the van” 😆

My mums mum was nearly 90 when she died and my mum is a very fit lady of almost 81.

I’m very like that side of the family and have every intention of making it to 100 and being increasingly more irritating with each passing year!

New series of Radio 4 panel game Just a Minute started on Sunday. Hosted by 95 year old Nicholas Parsons. Since it the first show in 1967 he has missed 2 episodes thro' illness. Always looks smart and sufficiently articulate to verbally joust with the likes of Paul Merton and Gyles Brandeth.

My mum is 101.Physically frail but mentally sharp.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 12-08-2019 at 07:34 AM.

I was talking to a chap a few years ago who was 62 years old and had been out the previous day for lunch with his gran 😆

Another bloke I know was moaning to me how he was fed up of his mum being on his case and he was 84 😆 😆

When I reach 80 I wouldn’t be surprised if my mum was still around and she’ll. W almost 103 at that point.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)