+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The chairman MUST support the manager.

My input on this is that PW is garbage in the transfer market an he is goaded along with his signings by Douglas who must get a bonus for how much we don’t spend.

Not asking for any fees to be spent just get some players in who give 100% an they play in the said position.

It’s not about signings, nor the Chairman’s backing, it’s all about coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    You musta gora few Bob tucked away cam. You wana take up the slack?
    I do but you could guarantee,however many bob I put into the club it wouldn't be enough for many so I'll hold onto my bobs to keep me and Mrs CA in the level of luxury to which we are accustomed

Laughable the title here, how many have we fetched in this season?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Two weeks ago, the general view on here was how successful the summer recruitment had been...

One diabolical performance later and the sky is falling...

There was plenty wrong yesterday, but it's a new team that isn't yet complete. I think the panicked reaction on here (which mirrors the panicked reaction of the players to going behind yesterday) is probaby misplaced. It's certainly too early to get so upset.
    You make some reasonable points. There are a couple of provisos though. I admit to being quite pleased with the recruitment and optimistic but like many other Millers I had some concerns, mainly about the failure to land a CB and the lack of wide players in the squad.
    I will be the first to admit that I know little of the ramifications of systems but even I had some worries that our available forwards and midfielders did not really suit 4:3:3. A couple of supporters who know a lot more than I do had stronger reservations about the wisdom of changing so abruptly from a system with one up front and suggested PW might be putting the cart before the horse. By this they meant that a move to (say) 4:3:3 ought to be an organic development over time as the manager decided that such a system suited the players available. We seem to have simply decided we'd play that way and hope the players could cope.
    I just don't know but I don't think it's going to work without 3 or 4 players coming in. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Most were happy with the players brought in but most said we still need 3 or 4 more player. 17 out 9 in. That's a big difference
    We always leave it to the last minute,picking up the scraps that no other club wants.We received over six million from the TV deal,we spent nothing last season from that ,which should have put us in a strong position to purchase, who we wanted this season in a lower league.On top of that we have received another 4 million plus by selling Vaulks and giving away Ajayi and yet Warney is being constantlly turned down by clubs when we TRY to buy players because of the low bids made.We should have one of the strongest squads in this league.You appointed PW Mr.Stewart, give him the tools of the trade and let's get these "first choice" players Warney has targetted signed up.

But the club did spend money last year, Bill. It paid wages, it maintained the stadium and pitch, it insured, paid it's gas and electric bills etc... The TV money and transfer money doesn't go into a ring-fenced bank account.

As for buying players, it's not like going into Tesco to buy a can of baked beans. In football there are only a very limited number of cans, several clubs might want to buy the same one, the current owners may be reluctant to sell and the can has a say in the matter.

So why don't players, other than those desperados who have previously been laid up with injuries for a year or two, want to come to the NYS?
    (Freddie being a rare exception).
    Didn't seem to be a problem when Steve Evans was in charge, not that I'm suggesting his scattergun approach was the right one either

People are experts when it comes to spending someone else’s money.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    So why don't players, other than those desperados who have previously been laid up with injuries for a year or two, want to come to the NYS?
    (Freddie being a rare exception).
    Didn't seem to be a problem when Steve Evans was in charge, not that I'm suggesting his scattergun approach was the right one either
    That's a good point regarding players we have brought in .A fair number seem to have had a past medical problem,so in order to find a club they lower their wage demands.That suits us the way we operate by paying very little on wages.I cannot see where we have learnt from our previous mistakes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast