+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positives from today

Positives from today

Joelinton looks strong

Finding it very hard to feel anything positive about the club at the minute.

Need to give me heed a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Finding it very hard to feel anything positive about the club at the minute.

Need to give me heed a shake.
    Aye.
    I can't believe you're the very same Zippity.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Aye.
    I can't believe you're the very same Zippity.
    Don't feel like it at the mo, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Don't feel like it at the mo, tbh.
    Well go and get the Zippity that I once knew. The one that's Newcastle United through and through...regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Well go and get the Zippity that I once knew. The one that's Newcastle United through and through...regardless.
    He’s left the building along with many more enough is enough. I went fishing in the rain yesterday and probably had more enjoyment

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    He’s left the building along with many more enough is enough. I went fishing in the rain yesterday and probably had more enjoyment
    Fine. If you want to give up on your club that's your choice. I suspect quite a few are being influenced by social media rather than having their own thoughts on it all and are being peer pressured by bullying people on social media who have a massive gripe and hatred of one man... it's became almost a frenzy with some.

Too many people seem far too scared to go against the social media grain of bile spewing but the strange thing is the stadium is still plenty full and will have plenty in all season.
    Those aren't weak fans in that stadium, they're simply fans and supporters who chose Newcastle United through thick and thin, which a fair few on social media will have done at one point, only to be bullied out of it to follow a pointless exercise of boycotting a so called regime that's apparently killing a club that is still in the premier league and has always bought players, regardless of so called net spends being touted as the be all and end all.

It seems far too many people are literally mixed up as to whether to hate the owner and spend their entire season moaning about him and anyone that agrees with him (Ritchie is now public enemy) or trying to get behind the club and team but mindful to ensure they agree with the bullies who keep up this hateful stance. And there are bullies on social media who attack anyone who dare to look at a different reasoning.
    Oh...and they're generally cast off a trolls and what not because it's easier to use that point for argument rather than argue a real point.

To think I grew up watching some utter utter garbage on that pitch and went through school with us rooted into the second division of the time and yet I loved the club, even amid the boardroom nutcases that made mental decision after mental decision.
    I also saw many many good times amid the garbage and all a mixture in those seasons then and no different now, except the money merry-go-round has been ramped up with players being allowed to almost call the shots at some clubs, never mind owners throwing managers around like confetti.

I get a bit sick of people giving it the old " you don't get it, you don't live in Newcastle."
    Yeah I've had a few of those.
    Yeah I do get it. Nearly 50 years of getting it. I've seen as much as many and more than a lot in my time. I've lived the gut wrenching times and match losses where my work week was destroyed.
    The shaking before a match. The feeling sick when a big match was due.

In all those times, not once did I have any thought for who was controlling what upstairs. I concentrated on the manager/coaches and players picked or involved in the build up over the week.
    I still do the same now but I can never get away from bile and hatred for the man upstairs, today.
    They rarely got a mention before...after the initial digs to vent.

Too much reliance on messiah's and too much hatred by people who feel they have to keep it up and likely have no real clue as to what it'll really achieve, other than spoil their own footballing enjoyment that they looked forward to and now feel they can't because they made a massive rod for their own back and will not back down from it.

What a shame for those that do this.
    I still get my excitement and I love this club and will do until I die, unless the club does before me which, under Ashley, it certainly will not.

People want to pin every issue with the club on one man and no amount of reasoning will change their stance.
    I say, fair enough. It's their loss of their enjoyment if they choose to take the back seat and give up being a fan or supporter.

Imagine being a fan and seeing a man who has the club stable, walk away for any Tom, Dirk or Harry to take over and the bile spitters/haters now stand up and shout, " right, it's time for me to get my season ticket."
    Until when?
    Until the new owner does something wrong and the reasons come out as to why the people can't be having this and want someone else.

I believe in my heart there's a lot of fans/supporters out there that want to get off this bandwagon of hate and just get on with doing what they did best, which is getting behind the team and bigging it up.

Even on forums like this it seems too many people feel the need to simply spew hate and the numbers posting are so few it actually appears that this is a hate Newcastle forum rather than a forum for talking about the club in a positive manner.

People think we're hard done by.
    "Ohhh we're not fighting for trophies"...."Oh, we are just happy to be 17th." and so on and so on and yet most of the entire country is filled with clubs that achieve nothing and yet their fans aren't boycotting.
    Teams in the lower reaches of the leagues and their fans aren't boycotting.

Imagine wasting 12 years of your live hating a man who, at the very end of those 12 years,s till has the club stable and in the premier league, amid a host of excitement of winning leagues and getting into Europe as well as the obvious demise before the rise back.

It seems some fans are on some kind of entitlement march but when asked what they want, they come out with " oh we don't want much...just a team/club that tries."
    Tries for what?
    Cups?
    League title?
    Champions league?

Most clubs follow that very same route. It's a lottery against the elites. If they don't want it then the scraps are fought for.
    All clubs get knocked out until 2 remain in any situation of cup.
    Too many excuses are made for anything as long as it is to the detriment of the club, it seems, with some fans.

But you know what? On the whole.....I believe most fans are behind the club and that's what counts.
    In my honest opinion the hatred needs to stop because it looks more embarrassing than anything else for those that do it.

Stable????

More debt than ever before

Another manager not a yes man cast aside
    (Keegan, Shearer, Houghton, Rafa)
    Relegated twice already in his ownership

Stable????

Imagine spending your time hating a manager for 3 years who had nothing more on his mind than bettering the club
    Imagine just coming on a forum to go against everyone just to get some weird kick
    Imagine telling people how boycotting is pathetic and not even going yourself...

Stable my japs eye

You forgot to sign your name on the bottom mr bishop you w-nk-r

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Stable????
    Yep, it's stable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)