+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The once michty v Rijeka

When do the EUFA regulations state we have to name our squad by?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    What do you reckon will be the reason (if we don't win)? I do tend to agree with you... I feel it'll be more the style of play and approach we take to the game that will determine the outcome, rather than individual players. However as much as I'm not a huge Cosgrove fan I'd rather we had him up front than Main who I imagine will be the replacement.

I've said it before that I think Cosgrove is a good player at his feet. I'm not having a go at him. Just the terrible football we play at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    When do the EUFA regulations state we have to name our squad by?
    It's normally put on social media 45-60mins before the game

Bloody Nora that's ridiculously short notice. I thought it was 24 hours before the match is due to be played or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Bloody Nora that's ridiculously short notice. I thought it was 24 hours before the match is due to be played or similar.
    It must me a nightmare for the Cosgrove Loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    It must me a nightmare for the Cosgrove Loyal.
    Whatever **** had that big 'SAMMY 16' banner over in Rijeka certainly won't be happy 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've said it before that I think Cosgrove is a good player at his feet. I'm not having a go at him. Just the terrible football we play at times.
    We're on the same page then - very few strikers would thrive under the terrible style of play we adopted for most of last season. Cosgrove has done well when we've actually played a bit of football. If we play football tonight we'll have a chance, if we go hoofball we're just wasting our time. We've plenty players who should be able to create and score goals, but the style of play will determine whether they get the opportunity to do it. European teams generally prefer a slow paced, tactical game - we're playing into their hands if we pass it around at the back forever. Need to press, and be brave and direct, willing to run at them and in behind them, play wide, get balls into the box and put them to the test. Will we do that? It's not generally McInnes' style when we're up against teams that he thinks are better than us - and unfortunately he thinks this team are better than us (although I don't agree - I don't think they're anything special, probably on a par with ourselves, or maybe a Hearts / Hibs level)

Well I've had a few beers already but I hope there are Veuz...veuzl....noisy things on every seat and we can win 4-1 Copenhagen style.

Not confident though.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Mrs Cosgroves young brat
    This patter is wearing thin, and besides you mention her practically in every other post but no picture. I thought there was rules in this place...

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Well I've had a few beers already but I hope there are Veuz...veuzl....noisy things on every seat and we can win 4-1 Copenhagen style.

Not confident though.
    4-0 would be in a Copenhagen style

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast