+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: The once michty v Rijeka

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I'm pished now but ojo looked well out of place at this level. If I were a betting man, McInnes will be gone by Easter next year.
    the same thing was said this time last year after a poor start yet he is still here.

The board love him,he isn’t going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You’ll be disappointed.
    It would cost us a 7 figure sum to get rid of the management t team.
    The Alford mason won’t sack McInnes.
    And on club will ever offer him the terms that we're giving him...

However, he's beginning to head into dangerous territory. Obviously defeat at Dundee would accelerate the discontent but even if he gets through and we end up losing a quarter final at say Easter Road, Fir Park, or the like then it will still spread antipathy throughout the support if combined with mediocre or worse league performances.

Teflon Del as usually managed to dig out results when the pressure is beginning to build; however, this has the signs of being different.

Does he really trust the players he has recently signed ?The core of his best team is now all but gone. His mantra in the summer was that he's had to keep building new teams but the team has been on the slide for a couple of years now.

If antipathy sets in after an exit before the League Cup semi and a poor league position then Milne's going to have to start considering life without his beloved Del. I think most fans, including myself, are absolutely scunnered with the pair of them. McInnes seems incapable of learning from his mistakes and the fans are experiencing Groundhog Season, watching the same 5hite play out...

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    The most disturbing thing for me tonight was that I don't think any of the fans were up for it. We knew that under McInnes we weren't going to turn this around. That must be a worry for the board.
    I honestly don’t think the board (and let’s face it, it’s only Milne really) have any appetite to succeed at anything. McInnes has a free reign to do as he pleases and I have been saying this for a long while now.
    I have absolutely no desire to go and watch us play now whether at Pittodrie or anywhere. We are not equipped, we don’t have the players and we when we play we would rather not concede a goal (which we are hopeless at also) than try and score a goal. Who in their right mind is going to go out their way to watch this type of McInnes led football?! Anyone paying to watch that should have a long hard look at themselves as they are encouraging Milne and McInnes.
    Aberdeen Football Club is run by soulless gimps....we are only here to make up the numbers and the entertainment value is zero.

So the manager now admits that he told a little fib about Cosgrove. He must clearly deem that we have become completely reliant upon him, for all that he claims otherwise. Next time around, please tell us that Ojo and Main are starting and everyone will get a pleasant surprise to see them left out. Or he could even try the old Strachan routine with a mix up over taking a free kick against Dundee in the next game, as it worked against Bayern!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    the same thing was said this time last year after a poor start yet he is still here.

The board love him,he isn’t going anywhere.
    Yes they talk of him 'continuing his success' with us with the new contract.

One diddy cup & plenty wasted opportunities that lesser teams have taken in that spell.

recruitment just to make up the numbers. Not surprised mckenna wants away from this bunch , he will only get worse.

They mock us

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Yes they talk of him 'continuing his success' with us with the new contract.

One diddy cup & plenty wasted opportunities that lesser teams have taken in that spell.

recruitment just to make up the numbers. Not surprised mckenna wants away from this bunch , he will only get worse.

They mock us
    I agree re the diddy cup. It is a diddy cup. And half a decade has already passed since we won it, with the square root of F-all inbetween.

I noticed the other day when checking out the stuff in the club shop, there's a video called ParkRed The Journey, or some such guff, going for about 2 quid. Thats just embarrassing...not the fact its in the bargain bin, but the fact it was ever made in the first place.
    Last edited by ToonsClock4am; 16-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    I agree re the diddy cup. It is a diddy cup.
    This. I'm surprised it hasn't been scrapped yet.

So we are knocked out of Europe on our 6th game (well, 5th realistically). Won one lost one in the league. It's 17th August.......!

The thing is given the chance to play the games all over again I don't think McInnes would change anything. He's so stubborn and one dimensional. He'd just do the same all over again and hope it worked out differently the second time.

He's a mentalist.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142