+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Affshore - Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    No need to monitor me mate...I thought the boards were for wind ups and banter...but clearly for some that only works one way...maybe just me, but really a grown man coming on and asking gonna ban him please ffs...anyway I'll save his tears and stay away
    They are, but like a few have said none of them would get away with that on dee mad which is true to be fair... most common complaint from guys who stopped posting was threads ruined with trolling from guys on your board

You've not done anything to really warrant a ban, i see it as banter as you've not been abusive or anything and fwiw you keep the conversations going but we need to listen to our regular posters, i'd actually class you as a regular poster even though you're not one of us...

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Any real inter board banter died when they went into admin first time back in 2003, back then they couldn't take it (after trying to lord it over us during the previous couple years) and these boards since haven't really had dees on here or vice versa.... because dee mad died a death we get them trolling on here now, yet their main board is clear "no dabs allowed"

peter is a wum, nothing more.
    Nonsense as I'm sure offshore will back me up!!
    But you knew that anyway eh.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Both boards are very quiet in comparison to years back ours in particular.Was a braw laugh and decent banter now it's a bit boring mostly imo.
    You probably know that I used to post on DeeMad a lot. The last time I did (some years ago now) I got banned for, what I gather, was one of the moderators taking umbridge about something I said on here.

As far as I'm aware I was always respectful when posting there and used to enjoy chats with what was a great set of lads. It's really sad that can't happen now and is the main reason I like to see posters from there still post here, such as Pedro.

As far as I can tell he hasn't done anything that warrants a ban. Ok, he likes a laugh but he stays out of threads about us for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As far as I can tell he hasn't done anything that warrants a ban. Ok, he likes a laugh but he stays out of threads about us for the most part.
    Agreed, the biggest issue is none of our posters can post over there...

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Nonsense as I'm sure offshore will back me up!!
    But you knew that anyway eh.
    I think it started getting 'nippy' around 6 years ago to be honest. i used to post over the road alot but its just pure hatred now ha ha, think its cos a lot of the better posters aren't there any more, there's not many left that post at all now to be honest.. plenty dees like yourself Eric have been posting on here for 10+ years plus with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Agreed, the biggest issue is none of our posters can post over there...
    ...... and who would want to?

Don't mind Peter or Eric, they don't come across as bitter unlike the ones you've gave temp bans to recently or ones like Gotti the ambulance chaser in the past.

I think it started getting 'nippy' around 6 years ago to be honest. i used to post over the road alot but its just pure hatred now ha ha, think its cos a lot of the better posters aren't there any more, there's not many left that post at all now to be honest.. plenty dees like yourself Eric have been posting on here for 10+ years plus with no issues.
    Most of the good regular posters left dee mad due to Noah and Ross just arguing bitterly with each other all Time
    Always derailing topics , there about 5 or 6 who post on there now , most have gone to the dark blues site

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    No need to monitor me mate...I thought the boards were for wind ups and banter...but clearly for some that only works one way...maybe just me, but really a grown man coming on and asking gonna ban him please ffs...anyway I'll save his tears and stay away
    I think this is quite sad - Peter has a laugh but I dont think he is necessarily OTT, offensive or annoying. well ok he winds us up a bit but so what?

Starting a thread is ok but that one was a bit weird and full of inaccuracies - again is it really worth banning for?

Eric come son too and i think both add a bit to the board IMO.

They are, but like a few have said none of them would get away with that on dee mad which is true to be fair... most common complaint from guys who stopped posting was threads ruined with trolling from guys on your board

You've not done anything to really warrant a ban, i see it as banter as you've not been abusive or anything and fwiw you keep the conversations going but we need to listen to our regular posters, i'd actually class you as a regular poster even though you're not one of us...

Agree but thats why i dont go on - i remember a poster of similar name getting banned for nowt (poor wee laddie) so I signed up just after that and have decided not to post on it. And in no way am i that said poster

I’ve been posting on these boards for over 15 years ( FFS )

There used to be loads of excellent banter between both boards , then it all went tits up with the Marr’s “project” followed by admin 1. That’s when it turned nasty on Fun mad. Zero tolerance of any Arabs, mass bannings. It really was pathetic. It has continued since , any Arabs posting on the Funsters board at risk of being banned for nothing, even very reasonable posts. Utterly pathetic moderation on there. Bitter erseholes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)