+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prison Sentences.

Prison Sentences.

Typical BBC today pushing back against Boris wanting to harden up things so that dangerous criminals including *** offenders serve their FULL sentence.

All this guff about it causing more problems inside prisons due to inmates being more volatile because they’ll “lose hope” due to not getting time off their sentence or in many cases getting it halved!

I really couldn’t give a f u c k if lowlife want to smash up their cell,fight with other inmates or hang themselves.

It’s quite simple really,

1/ Don’t do bad things.

2/ If you want to do bad things then understand 20 years means 20 years.

3/ If you act up when inside then 5 years gets added to your sentence each time you commit a crime inside.

Prisons should be hideous to live in with nothing more than the most basic needs covered for dangerous and hardened criminals.

I’d build more modern prisons with an emphasis on single occupancy cells with only the conforming inmates being allowed into any form of community.

To much liberal hand wringing in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Typical BBC today pushing back against Boris wanting to harden up things so that dangerous criminals including *** offenders serve their FULL sentence.

All this guff about it causing more problems inside prisons due to inmates being more volatile because they’ll “lose hope” due to not getting time off their sentence or in many cases getting it halved!

I really couldn’t give a f u c k if lowlife want to smash up their cell,fight with other inmates or hang themselves.

1/ Don’t do bad things.

3/ If you act up when inside then 5 years gets added to your sentence each time you commit a crime inside.

Prisons should be hideous to live in with nothing more than the most basic needs covered for dangerous and hardened criminals.

I’d build more modern prisons with an emphasis on single occupancy cells with only the conforming inmates being allowed into any form of community.

I agree wholeheartedly. I cannot see a single thing to argue with. Serious crime should attract serious sentences. If you can’t handle prison, then stay out of trouble.

If you receive 20 years for whatever offence it may be then that is the term you should serve. Behaving yourself and being a model prisoner should mean that you get out in 20 years. Good behaviour should mean that you do not end up doing more than the 20 years received. It's good behaviour when the prisoner is out of prison is what we are after.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I cannot see a single thing to argue with. Serious crime should attract serious sentences. If you can’t handle prison, then stay out of trouble.
    Have a prison like that one in Brazil , had a riot last week 50 dead 20 or 25 had their heads cut off that's a prison , the so call hard tossa's in this country would cry like babies if they had to go in their .

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    If you receive 20 years for whatever offence it may be then that is the term you should serve. Behaving yourself and being a model prisoner should mean that you get out in 20 years. Good behaviour should mean that you do not end up doing more than the 20 years received. It's good behaviour when the prisoner is out of prison is what we are after.
    Correct Joy.

The sentence given should be the minimum and good behaviour be the requirement to see release in 20 years with EVERY breach adding time to the sentence originally given.

Odd how a great chunk of the population see it this way (including me) yet politicians don't.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Odd how a great chunk of the population see it this way (including me) yet politicians don't.
    My idiot son has just lost his licence for driving under the influence of weed Chris.

Despite proper legal representation on the day he got a 12 month ban and a £460 fine.

Good in my opinion.

The magistrate stuck to the guidelines and hit him hard.

One more idiotic episode on his part and he’s likely to face porridge.

Good!

I’ve told him I won’t be getting patted down before weekly visits to see him!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

1/ Don’t do bad things.

Almost as if Johnson is saying something he doesn't believe in, because he thinks its what people want to hear...

Where have I heard that before.

The answer to our country's social and criminal problems isn't what he is proposing. We all know the vast majority of people who go into prison go on to re-offend. So 'more prison' isn't really a deterrent and I don't really see how he is offering any solution to the problem.

Yet, over 750 youth clubs have been axed since the Tories came into power, and crime prevention groups and community officers have been absolutely decimated since 2010.

Although it is jolly nice of him to say that he will put the 20,000 police officers, that his party cut, back onto the street.
    Last edited by WBA123; 12-08-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Almost as if Johnson is saying something he doesn't believe in, because he thinks its what people want to hear...

Where have I heard that before.

The answer to our country's social and criminal problems isn't what he is proposing. We all know the vast majority of people who go into prison go on to re-offend. So 'more prison' isn't really a deterrent and I don't really see how he is offering any solution to the problem.

Yet, over 750 youth clubs have been axed since the Tories came into power, and crime prevention groups and community officers have been absolutely decimated since 2010.

Although it is jolly nice of him to say that he will put the 20,000 police officers, that his party cut, back onto the street.

At least its a start! So what are you proposing - cakes and tea for offenders? Personally, people who attacked Lee Rigby - they should have been shot in the head! Child murderers like Ian Huntley and Roy Whiting - hang the low life or let other prisoners take their eyes out or cut their balls off!

Why is there no shop lifting in the UAE? Why did the yobs not cause trouble in Russia during the World Cup? Here lies the answer - scum know what they will get ie missing hand or the salt mines for hard labour.

Meanwhile, we ponce around in this country, and we wonder why there's a problem.

PS - let thousands more immigrants come in on dinghies - poor lot - did dums......................

It's about time that the law abiding citizens of this country were protected and the the perpetrators punished. Yes Mick, the BBC should stop supporting the liberal Left, but they won't. Of course you then get that fool Abbott spouting her usual rubbish. If that woman had a brain, she'd be dangerous! She could be our next Home Secretary, God help us! Let's get back to common sense as we've had enough of these 'do gooders' and their stupid idealism. I'm actually quite a moderate individual but I am 'fed up to the back teeth' with these people supporting the criminals. Start thinking about the victims instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)