+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnsley-v-Carlisle

Remember Jules that the old Associate Members cup did give us our first ever modern-day run to Wembley, and a win in the Final. And theres other good cup memories we can talk about over the years, and thats why I think we could still go for it a bit more early season and see if a Lg cup run happens.

Continuity counts for me and we always make big changes everytime when it comes to this Lg cup, so it shows we dont care and like you say Jules, the majority of top teams dont care until they can make a name for themselves in the Semi final and the Final itself!.

I know its going to be near impossible for us to stay up in the Champship this season, and if exiting both cups early on helps us achieve that massive task, then ok I will appreciate this defeat tonight much more at the seasons end.

From all reports we used our meagre possession much better that you used your 70 odd percent. I’ve seen reports of wayward passing and woeful defending, trying to work the ball out from the back without the skill to do so. Having seen the goals that looks accurate. I know that you had a large number of changes last night, but I’m still surprised that you seem to be lacking strength in depth and that will be crucial in a 40 week season when injuries and suspension take their toll. As you say though, at least you know where you are and can focus on what’s important. We meanwhile have a small squad and the more competitions that we remain in the worse it could get for us for the same reasons, and it’s not even that good for the bank balance. I won’t be upset if we go out at Rochdale.

I hope Hoss and the Spreadsheet Recruitment Boys were watching that last neet. Maybe it's just me burram struggling to see why the new kids are a "significant upgrade" on last years team and why "we have had the best transfer window in Barnsley FC's history". (Hoss)
    They can congratulate themselves all they want but last neet wo crying art forra couple of quality players and a bit of experience.

I came darn full of hope, nice evening, steady hour's drive darn, Shaw's fish and chips, room to park like in the days of the faithful 5000. Started reasonably, three or four powder puff efforts on target, but the signs were already there. Every Carlisle attack caused jitters. This defence and the playing art from the back scares the sh1t arta me for the coming season. Collins did well, as did Jordan Williams and Styles but the rest were awful. It was that bad Thiam was our best attacker and he was on a full 90 mins. Laborious build up, second to the ball, lacking in confidence.

The full horror of the hand Daniel has been dealt was laid before him. He has a lot of work on to polish up Hoss's kids into a team capable of performing at Championship level.
    After the hype of the opening day in the sun and the local derby we are now into the bread and butter of Charlton at ooam and Birmingham away. Big games already.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-08-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    From all reports we used our meagre possession much better that you used your 70 odd percent. I’ve seen reports of wayward passing and woeful defending, trying to work the ball out from the back without the skill to do so. Having seen the goals that looks accurate. I know that you had a large number of changes last night, but I’m still surprised that you seem to be lacking strength in depth and that will be crucial in a 40 week season when injuries and suspension take their toll. As you say though, at least you know where you are and can focus on what’s important. We meanwhile have a small squad and the more competitions that we remain in the worse it could get for us for the same reasons, and it’s not even that good for the bank balance. I won’t be upset if we go out at Rochdale.
    Well done to your lads, Winnable at Rochdale

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Well done to your lads, Winnable at Rochdale
    I post on a Rochdale forum and they seem to think that pulling out Carlisle at home was a boring draw but an easy step into the third round

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I post on a Rochdale forum and they seem to think that pulling out Carlisle at home was a boring draw but an easy step into the third round
    Aye Chalky, but you know what them Rochdale lot are like......

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Aye Chalky, but you know what them Rochdale lot are like......
    Aww so you've not got the draw you were looking for eh Griff, but in fairness surely you can win that game as well against the Rochdale cowboys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12