+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We've had many payers who would suit the name Isaac Hunt.
    And Eisa Freeloader?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well, trial by You Tube sez he can pass a ball and take a free kick, you little booty, you...........

Maybe a good passer but who in our team runs into space?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Maybe a good passer but who in our team runs into space?
    Hopefully Wes Thomas and Kristian Dennis?

Let’s try him on the set pieces. Mind you, Doyle will walk back into the team on Sunday!

I hope he really is a good passer because that was one of the things which was badly missing on Saturday. Doyle, Rose and O’Brien are all midfielders of the same type - competitive ball winners who will work hard and make an impact while protecting the back four or five, but I’m not convinced that they will regularly provide defence splitting passes.

Our strikers will need decent service to feed off if they are to get the goals we require and the likes of Tyson (who on Saturday seemed totally isolated by the lack of service) need it close enough to the opposition’s goal to give them a real chance of scoring.
    Last edited by Frigiliana Pie 1; 12-08-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Poor sentence construction!

...and I hope there is more midfield action in the opponents half. Waiting in your own half for the opposition to advance before acting is not going to get you many goals. If Enzio, Booty, Rose, O'Brien & co can be just a ****sy-weensy little bit more adventurous, Dennis and Thomas might get the chance to outwit defenders in their own box rather than having to pick up the ball and run twenty yards trying to evade tackles before shooting. The big hefty centre-forward we are looking for could help here but I can't see Ardley playing three up front.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Regan Booty, what a fantastic name for a footballer, that must be the best one I've heard since Danny Invinsible. Let's hope he's a success.
    I agree with that UTM

it was to our a great shame that in the past we didnt sign Victory and Invincible as full backs
    ces pod ,max power, and twin strikers Sh1ttu and Windass.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I wonder if this lad is one from the Reedtz database, eh?
    Aye let’s see if the statistical analysis has unearthed a good un.

Slightly off topic, but I remember there was an American Football QB who was called Chuck Long which I thought was quite apt.

When it comes to great sporting names, there's no beating Rugby Union players - Leigh Halfpenny and Joe Launchbury for instance, and the best of them all, the majestic Billy Twelvetrees

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Leigh Halfpenny
    There was apparently a player from Zimbabwe named Danger Fourpence.

The one everybody loved when I was a kid was Reading goalkeeper Steve Death.

Googling silly names, it's hard to top Bongo Christ who turned out for the Congo national team and I'd forgotten Ally Dick who had a spell at Spurs, another great 80s one is Constantin Pistol from Romania.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast