+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Anthem.

National Anthem.

Its looking increasingly likely Scotland will need a National Anthem forget the dirge that is Flower O Scotland this is the one for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDXna_mIts

Do you really need to have one? Nations by their very existence lead to nationalism and that never ends well.

Incidentally is Scotland a nation or a country? I genuinely don't know the difference as I don't buy into the notion of countries and nationality.

For the record I'd agree Flower of Scotland is awful. The Russian national anthem is a topper. Ditto for the Argentinian and Brazilian efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Do you really need to have one? Nations by their very existence lead to nationalism and that never ends well.

Incidentally is Scotland a nation or a country? I genuinely don't know the difference as I don't buy into the notion of countries and nationality.

For the record I'd agree Flower of Scotland is awful. The Russian national anthem is a topper. Ditto for the Argentinian and Brazilian efforts.
    As far as I know a Nation refers to a sovereign state, Country a geographical area. I really like the French Anthem ever since that scene in Casablanca.

I presumed this was just Stewarty's sneaky way of getting another thread about independence mk2 when there is already a perfectly good thread for that.

Vintage, get your keys, I reckon we have a thread that needs locked...

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Vintage, get your keys, I reckon we have a thread that needs locked...
    I’m afraid that they were on the same Jack Wilson key ring as the car keys which seem to have been mislaid following my undercover infiltration of a W.A.N.K.S lube and things ye can shove up yer erse (Kingsford Stadium for starters) party in Westhill.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    As far as I know a Nation refers to a sovereign state, Country a geographical area. I really like the French Anthem ever since that scene in Casablanca.
    Nice anthem not so keen on the cuisine. The most over rated grub in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’m afraid that they were on the same Jack Wilson key ring as the car keys which seem to have been mislaid following my undercover infiltration of a W.A.N.K.S lube and things ye can shove up yer erse (Kingsford Stadium for starters) party in Westhill.
    That's what you get for popping round and having a cup of coffee and a chat.

You'd have been better off going to St.Andrew's woolen mill.

Whoop de doo, free whisky tooties.

Another vote for the French National Anthem, just change the words.

I can never mind which is which until the world cup starts.

There's hunners of good eens.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I can never mind which is which until the world cup starts.

There's hunners of good eens.
    The minor South American countries’ eens are usually the best. Proper Mannies’ martial music and words aboot pishing upstream of neighbouring enemies’ water supplies, and the looseness of the rival El Presidente’s wife’s knicker elastic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast