With an eternity to set our teams up, and only the Women's World Cup to entertain us over the summer (well done Lionesses!) I am sure each manager spent as many hours as I did, looking at fixtures, transfers, the newly promoted teams and managers and managed to put together a team guaranteed of at least 100 points for GW1, no? No, that wasn't quite the case...

GW 1 results for the Head to Head League went a little something like this...

Winnie and her wonderful Warriers defeated Will, and his brilliantly named Jota than the Sun (so long as you don't think his name is pronounced the same as Diogo from Wolves that is) 86-79. Close competition but I think McGinn's first goal in the Premier League got her the win she was aiming at, when looking at her team and wondering how many of her players are in my team.

Tyrone's Abs (not the braking system of a car I assume) took on and battered Justin's Injury Prone FC (no Wiltshire or Carrol in your team tho) 68-52 another Salah captained team, but Rosie also put in Ndombole in her team knowing he would score against Villa on his debut 😠

Mike and his Billesley Villans were victorious against Pablo's cubist... Wait, different name - Jack of the Net. Did your pun cost you Mr P? Changing team names after all these years!!? 86-63 and special mention to Mike's choice of Neal Maupay. Will we rue not making this deal happen in real life? 😪 He was on for a matter of minutes before his excellent debut goal

Big Bo FC Managed by a prodical child absolutely obliterated Aston Liam 72-64 however, it must be said that choosing Harry Kane as your captain should not be allowed against the Villa and I will look at Harry's pocket money situation this week. Also, his room needs tidying and if he does it again I'll tell him his is intollerent to sugar and can't have sweets anymore 😠

Bongo and his Sausage United were amazing, brilliant, perfect this week against Mr Average 95*-65 and credit to Lord Bongo putting in 3 Villa players in his team. Will the heart rule the head for the whole season I wonder?...

Kirkley Krusaders edged out a determined Dazzy and his Barmy Army with the closest score of 81-79 bad luck Dazzy! It was Sterling who got the armband from Jesh and even tho Raheem had a goal ruled out for 3mm of his shoulder giving him emense advantage in his "offside goal" it was enough for 40 points for him being captained.

Finally McGinn it to Win it basically obliterated our Australian friend, Ozstan Villa 77-42. Of course I had probably put all the players who scored this weekend in my team at some point in close season, just not at the same time!

Congratulations to Bongo. You don't get a manager of the week award in VMDLYH not because it's you, but because the real competition is Rose's, and this is a pale imitation. So, no star but you do get this emoji 👍🏻

I'll keep this post open for the rest of the head to heads. Fixtures will be up soon