+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vmdlyh

Vmdlyh

With an eternity to set our teams up, and only the Women's World Cup to entertain us over the summer (well done Lionesses!) I am sure each manager spent as many hours as I did, looking at fixtures, transfers, the newly promoted teams and managers and managed to put together a team guaranteed of at least 100 points for GW1, no? No, that wasn't quite the case...

GW 1 results for the Head to Head League went a little something like this...

Winnie and her wonderful Warriers defeated Will, and his brilliantly named Jota than the Sun (so long as you don't think his name is pronounced the same as Diogo from Wolves that is) 86-79. Close competition but I think McGinn's first goal in the Premier League got her the win she was aiming at, when looking at her team and wondering how many of her players are in my team.

Tyrone's Abs (not the braking system of a car I assume) took on and battered Justin's Injury Prone FC (no Wiltshire or Carrol in your team tho) 68-52 another Salah captained team, but Rosie also put in Ndombole in her team knowing he would score against Villa on his debut 😠

Mike and his Billesley Villans were victorious against Pablo's cubist... Wait, different name - Jack of the Net. Did your pun cost you Mr P? Changing team names after all these years!!? 86-63 and special mention to Mike's choice of Neal Maupay. Will we rue not making this deal happen in real life? 😪 He was on for a matter of minutes before his excellent debut goal

Big Bo FC Managed by a prodical child absolutely obliterated Aston Liam 72-64 however, it must be said that choosing Harry Kane as your captain should not be allowed against the Villa and I will look at Harry's pocket money situation this week. Also, his room needs tidying and if he does it again I'll tell him his is intollerent to sugar and can't have sweets anymore 😠

Bongo and his Sausage United were amazing, brilliant, perfect this week against Mr Average 95*-65 and credit to Lord Bongo putting in 3 Villa players in his team. Will the heart rule the head for the whole season I wonder?...

Kirkley Krusaders edged out a determined Dazzy and his Barmy Army with the closest score of 81-79 bad luck Dazzy! It was Sterling who got the armband from Jesh and even tho Raheem had a goal ruled out for 3mm of his shoulder giving him emense advantage in his "offside goal" it was enough for 40 points for him being captained.

Finally McGinn it to Win it basically obliterated our Australian friend, Ozstan Villa 77-42. Of course I had probably put all the players who scored this weekend in my team at some point in close season, just not at the same time!

Congratulations to Bongo. You don't get a manager of the week award in VMDLYH not because it's you, but because the real competition is Rose's, and this is a pale imitation. So, no star but you do get this emoji 👍🏻

I'll keep this post open for the rest of the head to heads. Fixtures will be up soon

Cheers for the entertaining update.. bloody lost by 2 pts ☹️ Knew I should have had mcginn

Great write up Sam. Thanks so much. Hope it doesn’t become too much of a burden. I was hoping a name change might put a bit more oomph into my side as the Masterpiece has run its course. Early signs are that nothing has changed.

Great read Sam 💥

I hoped nobody would notice Ndombele in my team. 🤪

Anyway I am going to have to lose 4 points this week which is annoying but needs to be done with a tough match against Will and Jota than the Sun up next. 🤔

Brilliant update, Sam! Made me laugh! That must have taken ages - thank you!

Pleased to get 3 points in my Warriors first away match of the season. The newly promoted Jota than the Sun fans were in fine voice, and the team gave my boys a run for their money - a breath holding match!

Looking forward to playing McGinn it to win it next week, although it will be slightly odd if we both have identical teams by then! Clearly it took Mc Ginn it to win it for me! Sam, I can't believe you didn't pick him after your inspiring team name choice (even though it was first up v Spurs! ) I did laugh when I saw your team sheet - just 3 different team members, I think, and if I'd gone with one of my alternative final drafts, it would have just been two! It feels weird not sitting next to you in the league but gives me someone else to chat to for a change

Winesis, honestly 2 weeks ago my team was EXACTLY the same as yours. Scary really! But still, you aren't too far ahead and I like talking to Jota than the Sun.

I had McGinn in my team up until 6pm on Friday. I thought he would get booked and be a liability in terms of Fantasy football.

I've made 1 change for next week. DIOGO JOTA was a cart horse at the weekend so, expect him to bag a hatrick this weekend

Nice one Sam. Who on earth is Mr Average? Just as well I won so a least I can say I'm above average. Great report Sam and kind comments about my incredible score this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Nice one Sam. Who on earth is Mr Average? Just as well I won so a least I can say I'm above average. Great report Sam and kind comments about my incredible score this week.
    There's an uneven number of people in our league so each week someone has to outscore the average of the league Aka Mr Average 👍🏻

Gw 2 Head to Head Fixtures.

Winnies Warriers v McGinn it to Winnit *sigh
    Ozstan Villa v Dazzys Barmy Army
    Kirkley Krusaders v Sausage Utd
    Mr Average v Big Bo FC
    Astonliam v Jack of the Net
    Billesley Villans v Injury Prone FC
    Tyrone's Abs v Jota than the Sun

Good luck everyone**

**except Winnie

Results for GW 2

Winnie scraped a win against a hugely unlucky, but ever popular Jose. Probably referees to blame, VAR, weather, Xmas only 18 weeks away

Warriors 50 McGinn it to Winnit 41

Dazzy got a needed win this week as he edged out Ozstan Villa, 41 points to 38

The mighty Sausage United continue their wild points accumulation without having taken a recommended 20 point hit. No hope for hapless Kirkley Krusaders beaten 63 points to 32.

Big Bo FC were less than average, losing to (quite literally) the MEANEST team 41 to 30

Pablo got his first head to head win with Jack of The Net beating Liam 46 to 30

Tyrones ABS light was left on, failing his MOT and failing to outscore Jota than the Sun 43 to 35

The highest score of the week came from Mike and his Billesley Villans, getting a collosal 69 points against Injury Prone FCs 47. I have to admit I felt a bit Pukki after deciding not to make that transfer last week....

I have a feeling the Norwich striker is going to be the most purchased player this week.

Next fixtures up soon

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)