+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury FC Latest ...

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm struggling to believe that's true, but if it is true then it would suggest that it's not just the loss of money that has pained him over this whole episode.

It would be disingenuous of him to say that all he wanted to do was save the club, he clearly wanted to make a success of himself in football but there's nothing wrong with that. He came into it for the right reasons, did more than any owner I've known to put bums on seats without achieving a promotion or bringing in a Sven-Goran Eriksson. It's just the way he conducted his affairs towards the end that leave a very nasty taste in the mouth.

Our fault tho. We caused him to neglect his business cos of the care and attention that we badly needed.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  21.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Our fault tho. We caused him to neglect his business cos of the care and attention that we badly needed.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  21.9 KB
    To me that reads as if he is blaming and feeling very bitter towards the people he trusted to look after Paragon.

Back to the Bury situation, i read on another forum that if bury play a game and actively compete in L1 this season they qualify for the solidarity payment which is in the region of £500k, the EFL not allowing them to play is denying them this money, if true it seems the EFL is being particularly spiteful and wanting them to fail.
    Anyone else know if there is any truth in this?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Back to the Bury situation, i read on another forum that if bury play a game and actively compete in L1 this season they qualify for the solidarity payment which is in the region of £500k, the EFL not allowing them to play is denying them this money, if true it seems the EFL is being particularly spiteful and wanting them to fail.
    Anyone else know if there is any truth in this?
    I think the EFL are worried they're going to the wall so protecting the competition by not allowing them to play. If they pull through, they will no doubt be relegated as they will have 4 none playing of games punishments forthcoming. But if they don't make it, it's easier to scrub a game for everyone, no one took points or had injuries and suspensions from playing Bury.

What makes it messy it Bolton's situation. They looked to be coming out of it until Bassini popped up again. Now they might go through potentially and the whole Bury thing is a total contradiction with Bolton.

I don't think the EFL are being spiteful, I think they're attempting to make the best of a horrific situation but potentially made it worse

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think the EFL are worried they're going to the wall so protecting the competition by not allowing them to play. If they pull through, they will no doubt be relegated as they will have 4 none playing of games punishments forthcoming. But if they don't make it, it's easier to scrub a game for everyone, no one took points or had injuries and suspensions from playing Bury.

What makes it messy it Bolton's situation. They looked to be coming out of it until Bassini popped up again. Now they might go through potentially and the whole Bury thing is a total contradiction with Bolton.

I don't think the EFL are being spiteful, I think they're attempting to make the best of a horrific situation but potentially made it worse
    Sounds like Bury are on a slippery slope.

My thinking was that releasing 500k for competing and allowing them to play may help their situation, if it is true that is i haven't seen it anywhere other than gossip on forums.

TBH i think they are finished anyway they only have 3 players and now need probably a playoff form season to avoid relegation.

It is upsetting mansfailed fans no end they feel Bury cheated them out of their promotion because they didn't go bust last season, a lot of them seem to think there will be a 4th automatic promotion spot in L2 if Bury go under.
    a couple of things about that 1) it will be one less team relegated from L1 2)mansfield aren't looking like a top 8 team never mind top 4 so they shouldn't be worrying themselves about promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Sounds like Bury are on a slippery slope.
    don't start that again!!

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    My thinking was that releasing 500k for competing and allowing them to play may help their situation, if it is true that is i haven't seen it anywhere other than gossip on forums.

TBH i think they are finished anyway they only have 3 players and now need probably a playoff form season to avoid relegation.

It is upsetting mansfailed fans no end they feel Bury cheated them out of their promotion because they didn't go bust last season, a lot of them seem to think there will be a 4th automatic promotion spot in L2 if Bury go under.
    a couple of things about that 1) it will be one less team relegated from L1 2)mansfield aren't looking like a top 8 team never mind top 4 so they shouldn't be worrying themselves about promotions.
    The £500K won't be of use as they need to prove they can pay the whole £3.2m CVA bill.

I've also seen the Mansfield fans say that and it's clear as day, the relegation places are reduced. If Bury drop out, it means 3 drop from League 1 and 1 will drop from League 2, the way Mansfield have started, that might help them 😂

The £500K won't be of use as they need to prove they can pay the whole £3.2m CVA bill.

I've also seen the Mansfield fans say that and it's clear as day, the relegation places are reduced. If Bury drop out, it means 3 drop from League 1 and 1 will drop from League 2, the way Mansfield have started, that might help them ��
    Its always been one less relegation, bury will finish in last place 24th on 0pts and be expelled at the end of the season

They're doing a Notts after failing in the playoffs, there are many already calling for the manager to go, reminds me of last season

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast