+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury FC Latest ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    it means 3 drop from League 1
    Celtic might be interested in filling the vacant spot after last night's result.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Celtic might be interested in filling the vacant spot after last night's result.
    Thats not actually as silly as it may seem on first reading, its the first real opportunity for them to jump into the english league structure if bury were to go without having to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Thats not actually as silly as it may seem on first reading, its the first real opportunity for them to jump into the english league structure if bury were to go without having to start at the bottom of the pyramid.
    It is beginning to look inevitable that they will leave the Scottish league within the next two decades. If England doesn't accept them (and there's no reason why not if Cardiff, Swansea etc can play in it) then we can expect them to join forces with the top Dutch, Belgian and French teams to start a super league of their own which could eventually lead to some Premier League clubs jumping ship, especially if Barcelona ended up in it.
    I think it would be in the English game's long term interests to welcome Celtic (and Rangers).

To me that reads as if he is blaming and feeling very bitter towards the people he trusted to look after Paragon.
    Typical that it's someone else's fault. Clearly the spending funded by Paragon was unsustainable anyway unless everything at Notts worked out perfectly.

It didn't and we can have a good guess as to who had a hand in wasting it all.

It is beginning to look inevitable that they will leave the Scottish league within the next two decades. If England doesn't accept them (and there's no reason why not if Cardiff, Swansea etc can play in it) then we can expect them to join forces with the top Dutch, Belgian and French teams to start a super league of their own which could eventually lead to some Premier League clubs jumping ship, especially if Barcelona ended up in it.
    I think it would be in the English game's long term interests to welcome Celtic (and Rangers).
    I dont even watch premier league or champions league any more, they have ruined football with money,everything about it is wrong.i couldn't care less if the top teams all went and joined a euro super league, it'd probably be good for the game in England in the long run.

Celtic are nowhere near the top sides in Holland, France or even Belgium and they showed that by losing against the mighty Cluj last night. Their fan base is top tier but the level they play at is about the top of League 1 at best, thats why Championship standard players make the move across and look like world beaters in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Celtic are nowhere near the top sides in Holland, France or even Belgium and they showed that by losing against the mighty Cluj last night. Their fan base is top tier but the level they play at is about the top of League 1 at best, thats why Championship standard players make the move across and look like world beaters in the SPL.
    You are right but try telling that to a celtic fan

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I think you may overestimate the continental sides too, certainly outside an elite few. Apart from PSG the French ligue 1 is about L1 standard. Off to see Bordeaux on Saturday so I'll be able to judge. Just 9€ tickets though in a brand new stadium so not much to lose.

Lyon, Marseille, PSG, Lille, Monaco and Saint Etienne are all miles ahead of League 1 (and Celtic) imo

Celtic may be low end championship or even L1 standard but that's why they have to leave the SPL. It would mean them missing out on European competitions for a while if they dropped into the English 3rd tier, but they would quickly rise to the 1st.

Half the teams in the top tier of the French league averaged less than 20k last season, 5 of those were closer to 10k,
    Half of the teams in the Belgian 1st tier averaged less than we did last season, as did a couple of Dutch sides in Eredivisie.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast