+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Bury FC Latest ...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    There will always be buyers for any football club - if the price is acceptable to the buyer. So a quid will probably be what your average chancer/shyster will be prepared to pay.

To find a buyer who is a genuine football person, without some sinister agenda, who is prepared to service a club's debts - the 'Black Hole' if you will - is a totally different proposition.

I do sincerely hope Bury FC get out of this dreadful mess but you have to ask why the EFL did not impose their deadline much, much earlier. The whole football world knew that the club were in catastrophic debt and that Dale had no intention of selling without his payoff - very like the Alan Hardy scenario.

The EFL talk constantly about the integrity of the league, about clubs being able to fulfill their fixtures and stay solvent etc etc. The EFL knew exactly when this league season would start. They knew exactly when the first league fixture would occur. They should have issued their deadline at the beginning of the close season, so that the Dales and Hardys of the football world knew exactly what would happen if they didn't sell in the required time frame.

Assuming that Bury do survive, IMO they have been relegated without kicking a ball. They have no players to speak of, no pre-season preparation and a huge backlog of fixtures.

I wish them all the best, whatever today's outcome...
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up relegated again next season. They have virtually no squad, it will take a special manager to sort this mess out.

Bury given until 1700BST on Tuesday to complete sale...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49458044

From the BBC Sport site:-
    "It is disappointing the EFL has chosen to go for such a short extension, especially given this is a Bank Holiday weekend and our main legal adviser is unavailable until Wednesday"

You would think if they were 100% committed, their legal adviser(s) would be working round the clock, - Bank Holiday or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    When is a deadline not a deadline?
    When it's ajar ?

I'll hit the door.

''When is a deadline not a deadline''?

When a lifeline becomes available???

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112