+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury FC Latest ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Regulation doesn’t work. There will always be clubs that go under. If Bury go under it will be under a heavily regulated regimen.

I hope and believe Bury will survive, this is egos at play, my cocks bigger than yours etc.

We know where that got Mr Hardy.
    I dont think Hardy was ever going to win a my cocks bigger than yours contest. he made that pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Of course the only way to limit issues like Bury and also to a large extent Notts is to regulate over spending further. Both teams spent crazy money on large squads. In Notts case it got us relegated and Burys case it got them promoted. Ultimately both teams will end up in a lower position than they started as a direct result of this over spending and financial mis-management which in both cases has been largely caused by the businesses that supported the over spending going pop! There are a lot of calls for the FA to bail out Bury and there were to a lesser extent for Notts. I don't believe that the FA should have to do this as it ultimately not their responsibility to act as a parent and bail out their kids but is definitely is their responsibility to have the rigor in place to stop such incidents occurring with the frequency that they do. If Football clubs are going to spend so far beyond their actual means, they should have to produce proof of funds available in the event of such catastrophes that is held in trust for a period of time or similar, as opposed to winging it which both Chairmen have done. Bury will surely end up non league one way or another, Notts already are and Bolton are heading the same way as well. For all the criticism of Salford, Flyde and so on at least they have ownership which appears to be able to back them in the long term to achieve success rather than an 18 month flight of fancy.
    You raise a lot of good points. I agree and even with ourselves in that situation that if the FA bail clubs out then it's only going to encourage owners to care less about their responsibilities to insure the clubs are financially viable if they know they can run up debts and someone else will pick up the tab.

What needs to stop is people taking over clubs, going all out and spend, spend, spend to then run up debts to which they want to pass onto the next owners when they sell it. Then what follows is the "negociations" where it's a case of owner wanting to get as much of their money back as possible, and the potential new owner not wanting to take on all their debts. So in the case of Notts and it appears Bury the club get drags through the courts, points deductions, embargos, administration, staff not being paid and at worse liquidation.

This is where the FA can implement change. To enter their competitions all clubs accounts and funding for the season should be subject to submittal for independent auditing and review once a year. As they say in medicine prevention is better than cure and that's where the FA need to get tough on owners and directors, and also hold them account.

What's happened with Bury, Bolton and ourselves this year has to stop and can't be allowed to continue where other clubs follow because it's going to ruin clubs and not forgetting the games rich history.

Some people on here need to move on and NOW. They also need to remember that under 12's access this site.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Some people on here need to move on and NOW. They also need to remember that under 12's access this site.
    Although I am in full agreement I suspect this may not be the thread you meant to post this on...

Yes, it is, Swaley.
    I should have referenced it re the comments on Hardy. One of my favourite maxims is 'hate is a wasted emotion'. Like most of us, he is an imperfect human being, but in the end he did deliver us into the hands of the Reedtz and I believe he could have done a lot worse than landing us with Neal Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Although I am in full agreement I suspect this may not be the thread you meant to post this on...

''I don't think Hardy was ever going to win a my cocks bigger than yours contest. he made that pretty clear''.

Maybe it was ???

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yes, it is, Swaley.
    I should have referenced it re the comments on Hardy. One of my favourite maxims is 'hate is a wasted emotion'. Like most of us, he is an imperfect human being, but in the end he did deliver us into the hands of the Reedtz and I believe he could have done a lot worse than landing us with Neal Ardley.
    Ah I misinterpreted what you'd said

Former Bury FC director handcuffs herself to drainpipe at Gigg Lane in protest at club's financial plight...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...otest-16791908

4 offers on the table & their Chairman is backing one of the offers, so things looking better

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast