Get your very own personalised The Gelderd End gifts!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Salford- v - Leeds United **1st Round Carabao Cup Matchday Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Now you know we are not due one for another year at least
    Looks that way

At least we have taken the game more serious tonight.

Team sheet on Saturday will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Great link again Andy, you're a real star! (unlike our keeper! )

Yep, cracking link, thanks

De nada mi amigos

One thing that was evident with Bamford...but now totally clear...is that he can't kick right foot....at all! Whilst he continues to attempt to drag every opportunity on to his left foot, he will never be balanced and in the right position to take a fair shair of opportunities that come his way. NEVER....

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Things we already know but are still there, casilla is a liability on crosses, bamford can't hit a barn door, Phillips passing at times is woeful and klich needs to keep a lid on it.....but a banana skin avoided.
    Spot on 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    One thing that was evident with Bamford...but now totally clear...is that he can't kick right foot....at all! Whilst he continues to attempt to drag every opportunity on to his left foot, he will never be balanced and in the right position to take a fair shair of opportunities that come his way. NEVER....
    He was at an imposible position as he had the keeper and defender and never looked up as we had 2 players running in with nothing but the goals 2 look at. A decent striker would be aware of his suroundings and pulled it back.
    Anyway only seen the last half hour woke up late lol and seen the same old Casilla omg

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    He was at an imposible position as he had the keeper and defender and never looked up as we had 2 players running in with nothing but the goals 2 look at. A decent striker would be aware of his suroundings and pulled it back.
    Anyway only seen the last half hour woke up late lol and seen the same old Casilla omg
    Thought Casilla was okay on crosses in the first 30 mins and then got progressively worse.

Klich’s goal will hopefully kick start his season.

clarke, Costa and Nketiah all looked good. Thought Beradi and Davis did well and White looks immense. Alioski gave the ball away far too often.
    Interesting that Bamford in attack song got changed to Nketiah in attack when Bamford came on.

Wigan are not a great side and no longer have Reece James so if we play anywhere near like we did against Bristol it should be 3 points :-)

I think one massive positive point for me from tonight was that when i looked at the starting line-up (admittedly with a couple of first-teamers in it), for the first time in years i thought our second-string would easily beat a minnow in a cup match.

Thinking about the horrors of Sutton United etc we seem to be in a completely different place in terms of the strength of the squad. Even without Costa, Phillips and Clich (and preferably without Casilla but we're clearly stuck with him) we would have had more than enough tonight to win that game easily.

I don't know why Klich and Phillips weren't taken off after the 3rd goal. They play in the engine room and its hard work. Thought they should have been given a break, promotion s the priority. Bamf will start, as will Harrison, against Wigan.

Wish we had a decent keeper.If Casilla is the answer then I haven't got a clue what the question is!

Awful..absolutely awful and will cost us points against the better teams in our division.

P.S. good result last night

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Wish we had a decent keeper.If Casilla is the answer then I haven't got a clue what the question is!

Awful..absolutely awful and will cost us points against the better teams in our division.

P.S. good result last night
    But his distribution is good which is more important than keeping the ball out of the net......apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by billyni View Post
    but his distribution is good which is more important than keeping the ball out of the net......apparently.
    Of course it is!

Mentioned on the other thread he's had a no-injury car accident - looks like somebody dropped the ball there. I think it was at a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Mentioned on the other thread he's had a no-injury car accident - looks like somebody dropped the ball there. I think it was at a corner.
    Perhaps he'll go into shock and think his name is Iker.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234