+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team for tonight's 1st win of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Hope Osborne proves me wrong as the handful of games I have seen him over the past few months I really can’t see what a lot of people are saying that he should be playing.
    Osborne was awesome tonight as well as Dennis and Booty.

Positives - So who found Booty? I had a feeling he was a Radar signing, would love to know because given the circumstances that was one of the better debuts I have witnessed in the past few years.

Sam Osborne proved he has something to contribute, and yes he tracks back. Dennis showed that if you pass the ball to his feet he can bring the midfield into the game ans move us up the pitch. Great to have a goalkeeper who doesn't provoke nervous breakdowns when catching the football.

Negative - Sorry but Ardley didn't seem to know how to exploit having 1 player more on the pitch along with devastating pace on both flanks. We did everything possible to throw it away in the second half. I'm clueless as to why you bring every man back for a corner when you're a man up?

Not sure about the 2 in centre defence, think one needs to have some pace.

I really want him to work out but at times he looks tactically inept. That said the 4-4-2 seemed to work, especially in the first half when we played with width. After the break we got sucked in to a battle down the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Positives - So who found Booty? I had a feeling he was a Radar signing, would love to know because given the circumstances that was one of the better debuts I have witnessed in the past few years.

Sam Osborne proved he has something to contribute, and yes he tracks back. Dennis showed that if you pass the ball to his feet he can bring the midfield into the game ans move us up the pitch. Great to have a goalkeeper who doesn't provoke nervous breakdowns when catching the football.

Negative - Sorry but Ardley didn't seem to know how to exploit having 1 player more on the pitch along with devastating pace on both flanks. We did everything possible to throw it away in the second half. I'm clueless as to why you bring every man back for a corner when you're a man up?

Not sure about the 2 in centre defence, think one needs to have some pace.

I really want him to work out but at times he looks tactically inept. That said the 4-4-2 seemed to work, especially in the first half when we played with width. After the break we got sucked in to a battle down the centre.
    Agree that we should leave at least one up the pitch otherwise the ball comes straight back at us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234